Solving Thermo & Vacuum Problems: A Guide for Beginners

• Thread starter MattConfused?
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thermo
In summary, this guide is designed to help beginners understand how to solve thermo and vacuum problems in scientific research. It does not require prior knowledge of thermodynamics or vacuum technology and includes practical examples and exercises. The principles and techniques covered can be applied to various fields of scientific research and can also serve as a reference for more advanced researchers.
MattConfused?
Hi everybody,

i am new to Physics Forums and I have a problem that is confusing me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Problem:

A perfectly insulated box has vacuum inside of it (it is evacuated entirely) and is sitting with standard atmospheric surroundings (1 bar, 298K). It is then punctured and fills with air. What is its final temperature?

I am just not really sure how to approach this. The attempts I have made havn't really got me anywhere.

Thanks,

Matt

Engineering news on Phys.org
Aaaaand I just solved it...

W = (p1)(V1) = m(Cv)(T2-T1) and (p1)(V1) = mR(T1)

Then solved...

1. What is the purpose of this guide?

The purpose of this guide is to provide beginners with a comprehensive understanding of how to solve thermo and vacuum problems in their scientific research. It covers the basic principles and equations, as well as common problem-solving techniques.

2. Is prior knowledge of thermodynamics and vacuum technology required?

No, this guide is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of thermodynamics or vacuum technology. It starts with the basics and gradually builds up to more advanced concepts.

3. Are there practical examples included in this guide?

Yes, this guide includes practical examples and exercises to help readers apply the concepts and equations to real-life scenarios. This will aid in understanding and mastering the problem-solving techniques.

4. Is this guide applicable to all types of scientific research?

Yes, the principles and techniques covered in this guide can be applied to a wide range of scientific research fields, including physics, chemistry, engineering, and materials science.

5. Can this guide be used as a reference for more advanced researchers?

While this guide is geared towards beginners, it can also serve as a useful reference for more advanced researchers. It covers the fundamental concepts and equations, as well as common problem-solving strategies that can be applied to more complex problems.