Mining Engineering: Who is Here?

In summary, the conversation is about a person asking if there are any other individuals in Mining Engineering on the forum. They express their desire to know who they can address any problems to in the future. Another person responds saying that they are not in mining but offers to help with any problems regardless. The first person then mentions specific areas such as blasting, open pit, and underground mining and states they have books to read on the subject. The conversation ends with a lighthearted comment about the amount of books they have to read.
i_wish_i_was_smart
is Anyone here in Mining Eng, or am i the only one, i want to know because if i have problems i'd like to find out to who i should adress, thx

Engineering news on Phys.org
if anyone reads this nove to eng forum not eng design thx

Ask and ye shall receive.

WHAT, no one is in mining, this blows, oh well when i graduat enigma, you got yourself a new forum and someone that can take care of that forum.

If you have problems, you can post them here anyways, and you never now. You don't have to address your problem to anyone in particular. People who can help you, will.

oh i know, its just stuff like blasting, open pit and underground mine help if ever i needed it

Well i got some old books about mining, and time to read :biggrin:, althought they are like 6 volumes :eek:

HAHA 6 volumes hehe happy reading

1. What is mining engineering?

Mining engineering is a discipline that involves the extraction of minerals, metals, and other valuable resources from the earth. This can include the design, construction, and operation of mines, as well as the management and optimization of mining processes.

2. What does a mining engineer do?

A mining engineer is responsible for planning, designing, and overseeing the extraction of minerals and resources from the earth. This can involve creating detailed plans for mining operations, managing the day-to-day activities of a mine, and ensuring that safety and environmental regulations are followed.

3. What skills are needed to be a successful mining engineer?

Successful mining engineers possess a combination of technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills. They must also have a strong understanding of geology, mining operations, and the use of specialized equipment and software.

4. What are the job prospects for mining engineers?

The job prospects for mining engineers are generally positive, as the demand for minerals and resources continues to grow. However, job opportunities may vary depending on the current state of the mining industry and the specific location of the job.

5. What are the current challenges facing the mining engineering industry?

Some of the major challenges facing the mining engineering industry include the depletion of easily accessible resources, increasing costs and regulations, and the need for sustainable and environmentally-friendly mining practices. Additionally, there is a growing demand for new technologies and innovations to improve efficiency and safety in mining operations.