Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay: 3-60 Secs On/Off?

In summary, the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay has a set of normally open contacts and operates by closing the contacts after a set time period. It is not suitable for the specific function of powering off after a set time interval, but an "on delay" relay with normally closed contacts, such as the Dayton 1EGB3, can fulfill this function.
Southerner
Can someone please tell about the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay.
Does it wait 3 to 60 seconds before powering on, or does it wait 3 to 60 and then power off?
I am looking for something that will run for 3 to 60 seconds and then shut off.
thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Southerner said:
Can someone please tell about the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay.
Does it wait 3 to 60 seconds before powering on, or does it wait 3 to 60 and then power off?
I am looking for something that will run for 3 to 60 seconds and then shut off.
thanks

did you do a google search ? there are many references

one I looked at stated it has a set of normally open contacts

Dave

Yes, but just because it says N.O. contacts that still doesn't answer the question of how the timer works-the the it's active or the time it waits before it's active...

Southerner said:
Yes, but just because it says N.O. contacts that still doesn't answer the question of how the timer works-the the it's active or the time it waits before it's active...

well from my understanding it does :)

it implies that the contacts are open (N.O. = normally open) till the time period set is reached and then the contacts close

Dave

I'm assuming what you want is the following: When input power is applied the load receives power. When the time interval has elapsed the load is switched off. When input power is removed the cycle repeats.

If the above is what you want then you can use an "on delay" with normally closed contacts. I don't think the solid state relays will do this. However, this mechanical one will:

http://www.drillspot.com/products/425611/Dayton_1EGB3_Relay

The 2A562 will not do what you want.

TurtleMeister said:
I'm assuming what you want is the following: When input power is applied the load receives power. When the time interval has elapsed the load is switched off. When input power is removed the cycle repeats.

If the above is what you want then you can use an "on delay" with normally closed contacts. I don't think the solid state relays will do this. However, this mechanical one will:

http://www.drillspot.com/products/425611/Dayton_1EGB3_Relay

THANKS! I knew one must exist like that...

What is a Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay?

A Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay is an electrical device that allows for the control of power in a circuit with a specific time delay. It can be set to turn on or off after a designated amount of time has passed.

How does the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay work?

The Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay works by using an internal timer and control circuit to delay the flow of power to the circuit. The timer can be set to a specific time interval, and once that time has passed, the relay will either turn on or off depending on the desired function.

What is the time range for the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay?

The time range for the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay is between 3-60 seconds. This means that the relay can be set to turn on or off after 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds have passed.

What are the common applications for the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay?

The Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay is commonly used in industrial and commercial settings for tasks such as controlling motor start-up times, sequencing operations, and protecting equipment from short cycling. It is also used in HVAC systems for fan delay and compressor protection.

Is the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay easy to install?

Yes, the Dayton 2A562 Time Delay Relay is relatively easy to install. It requires basic knowledge of electrical wiring and can be mounted on a DIN rail or panel with the included hardware. However, it is always recommended to consult a professional electrician for proper installation.