Motor torque calculation for lift having chain drive

In summary, the conversation discusses how to calculate the starting torque required for a motor to lift a load of 3000Kg using a chain drive system. The system consists of two columns with trapezoidal screw rods and nuts, one driven by a motor through a pulley belt mechanism and the other driven by a chain at the bottom. The conversation also suggests visiting a specific webpage for further information on geared motors.
mithleshkj
i want to know how to calcuate Starting and running for motor in 2 post lift for lifting 3.0T.
Actually i have 2 columns having trapezoidal screw rod and nut in each side.
One column is getting drive by motor through pulley belt mechanism.
Another shaft is getting driven by chain at the bottom.
can someone tell us how to calculate the starting torque required at motor to lift load of 3000Kg via this chain drive??

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,172
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
visit this page it could help you : http://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/i_e/25000/fa_pro_sgeard_shing1_e/fa_pro_sgeard_shing1_e/ctlg_geared_e_9.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I calculate the required motor torque for a lift with a chain drive?

To calculate the required motor torque, you will need to consider several factors including the weight of the lift and its load, the distance the lift needs to travel, the speed at which it needs to move, and the efficiency of the chain drive. The formula for calculating motor torque is: Torque = (Weight x Distance x Speed) / (Chain Efficiency x Gear Ratio). You can use this formula to determine the torque needed for your specific lift.

2. What is the efficiency of a chain drive and how does it affect motor torque?

The efficiency of a chain drive refers to how well it can transfer power from the motor to the lift. This is affected by factors such as the type and quality of the chain, lubrication, and tension. A higher efficiency chain drive means less energy is lost in the transfer, resulting in a lower motor torque requirement.

3. How does the weight of the lift and its load impact motor torque?

The weight of the lift and its load directly affect the motor torque required to lift them. The heavier the lift and its load, the more torque is needed to overcome the force of gravity and move them. It is important to accurately measure the weight of the lift and its load in order to calculate the correct motor torque.

4. Can I use a standard motor for a lift with a chain drive or do I need a specialized motor?

The type of motor needed for a lift with a chain drive will depend on the specific requirements and calculations for torque, speed, and load. In some cases, a standard motor may be sufficient, while in others, a specialized motor with higher torque capabilities may be necessary. It is best to consult with a professional or use a torque calculation tool to determine the appropriate motor for your lift.

5. Are there any safety considerations when calculating motor torque for a lift with a chain drive?

Yes, it is important to consider safety factors when calculating motor torque for a lift. It is recommended to use a safety factor of at least 1.5 to account for unexpected or additional loads. It is also important to regularly inspect and maintain the lift and its components, including the chain drive and motor, to ensure safe and efficient operation.