PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #4,551
nsaspook said:
The baby picture from the 50's with the family tree at the old homestead near Calvert Texas.
Nice. I went to university down the road from Calvert. I used to pass through Calvert quite often while traveling 6.

Likes Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #4,552
Astronuc said:
Nice. I went to university down the road from Calvert. I used to pass through Calvert quite often while traveling 6.

ZZ Top got it right, 6 was in the sticks. :biggrin:
Prairie View was the destination for us down that same road if we wanted to attend a university in the 60's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairie_View_A&M_University

• #4,553
nsaspook said:
ZZ Top got it right, 6 was in the sticks. :biggrin:
Prairie View was the destination for us down that same road if we wanted to attend a university in the 60's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairie_View_A&M_University
I passed by there often too - weekly some times.

Last edited:
  • #4,554
nsaspook said:
The baby picture from the 50's with the family tree at the old homestead near Calvert Texas.
My mom is wearing blue holding me. Far right is my great grandmother (part Tawakoni, Tonkawa, or Waco tribe) next is the grandmother wearing red holding my little sister.

View attachment 84953

hmmm...

My family lived in Texas during the 50's. [evidence]

So glad, they escaped, before I was born...

ps. Someone wanted to see a recent pic. Pfft! I'd much rather see young Om, than old Om.

ppppppp...pppps...s. (hic!)

New game:

Find the Om.

(circa 1980)

Om.in.his.prime.jpg

Likes lisab
  • #4,555
OmCheeto said:
om-in-his-prime-jpg.85028.jpg

The man with the sunglass, sitting there and looking at the camera.

• #4,556
Shyan said:
The man with the sunglass, sitting there and looking at the camera.

Nope. His name is George.

[edit: "circa 1980" means this picture is about 25 years old. I'm one of the youngsters. :smile: ]

Last edited:
  • #4,557
OmCheeto said:
Nope. His name is George.

[edit: "circa 1980" means this picture is about 25 years old. I'm one of the youngsters. :smile: ]
Oh...so you're just old. I thought you're very old!:biggrin:

So let met guess. What about the one with the black T-shirt?

• #4,558
Shyan said:
Oh...so you're just old. I thought you're very old!:biggrin:

So let met guess. What about the one with the black T-shirt?

Bingo!

Quite obvious to me, as I was the only person in the picture with a skull large enough to hold a humongous, helium filled brain.

• #4,559
OmCheeto said:
... helium filled brain.

As in, inert. o0)
That is my boat in the picture, which I didn't buy until 1989.
The image was from 1991.

[edit: Actually, the math works out right, for what I was thinking, and not typing: 2015-1990 = 25 years ago]

Last edited:
  • #4,560
19207023571_75e16ba118_b_d.jpg

I'm trying to be cool next to my little sister while my dad wears a strange shirt that looks like wall paper and a bolo tie.

Likes Garlic, Astronuc, Enigman and 2 others
  • #4,561
nsaspook said:
I'm trying to be cool next to my little sister while my dad wears a strange shirt that looks like wall paper and a bolo tie.

Looks like that old-school kind of cool that I grew up with!

• #4,562
some years back, but not to worry girls my looks will return better than ever :kiss:

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 405
  • #4,563
a better pic, I don't want to see dudes d/ling my photo lol

Attachments

• chris pic 9.jpg
    chris pic 9.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 508
  • #4,564
nsaspook said:
19207023571_75e16ba118_b_d.jpg

NSA, you're hysterical!

• #4,565
nsaspook said:
I'm trying to be cool ...
No need tryin' :approve:

• #4,566
image.jpg
image.jpg

My wife and I on a dream trip to Peru. I am not that comfortable with heights.

Likes OmCheeto, Astronuc, nsaspook and 1 other person
  • #4,567
All wood temple in gulf of Thailand. + Maritime school
img002.jpg

Likes Jimster41 and Greg Bernhardt
  • #4,568
  • #4,569
Silicon Waffle said:
:biggrin: It looks like a cross then.

I was trying to be "The Condor" which apparently was an important animal to the Inca's. My wife was just happy and out of control. She had to beg me for like 5 minutes to stand up on that rock while our guide friend took a picture.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #4,570
nsaspook said:

I just found a drawing of that from my older girl's DeviantArt page.
retro_brooks_by_kitty_tiky-d8zv2dn.jpg

It's stylized on wood. I must do a sitting sometime for a real painting.
fred_by_kitty_tiky-d420doy.jpg

Some of her other work.
jeff_by_kitty_tiky.jpg

handsome_meadowlark_by_kitty_tiky-d921h6g.jpg

law_don_t_mean_anything_to_a_pig_by_kitty_tiky-d91bayb.jpg

Likes berkeman, davenn, ProfuselyQuarky and 6 others
  • #4,571
nsaspook said:
Some of her other work.

Very Nice ! I really like the thrush on the fence,,

and "Porco Rosso" ... loved that movie !

Likes nsaspook
  • #4,572
Roy Gail & Monroe Opry Dec78.jpg
here we are at the grand ole opry with Bill Monroe.

Likes collinsmark
  • #4,573
mathwonk said:
View attachment 105192 here we are at the grand ole opry with Bill Monroe.
Are you one of the three on the front or one of the two playing music on the wall ?

• #4,574
mathwonk said:
View attachment 105192 here we are at the grand ole opry with Bill Monroe.
Wow. The bluegrass mandolin legend.

There was a time when I tried to teach myself the mandolin, and I had the idea that if switched to drinking Kentucky bourbon or Tennessee whisky that it would somehow aid my mandolin skills. It turns out no. Not one bit. It didn't help at all.

• #4,576
2018 update

gregb.png

Attachments

• gregb.png
    gregb.png
    21 KB · Views: 693
Likes collinsmark, davenn, HAYAO and 4 others
  • #4,577
Let's see if I can recycle an attachment I made in another thread a couple of months ago:

View attachment 230163

Oh well, you can always click on the link.

Likes collinsmark, davenn, Astronuc and 3 others
  • #4,578
Old song says, "These are a few of my favorite things.."
FavoriteThings.jpg

Attachments

• FavoriteThings.jpg
    FavoriteThings.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 542
Likes collinsmark, davenn, Astronuc and 6 others
  • #4,579
Me in Maine a while back.
me.jpg

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 505
Likes collinsmark, davenn, dlgoff and 3 others
<h2>1. What is the purpose of the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>The PF Member Photo Thread Archive is a collection of photos submitted by members of the Physics Forums community. It serves as a way for members to share their personal photos and get to know each other better.</p><h2>2. How can I submit my photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>To submit your photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive, you can simply post them in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators.</p><h2>3. Are there any restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted?</h2><p>Yes, there are some restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive. Photos must be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.</p><h2>4. Can I use photos from the PF Member Photo Thread Archive for my own personal use?</h2><p>No, the photos in the PF Member Photo Thread Archive are the property of the members who submitted them. You may not use them for any personal or commercial purposes without the permission of the original owner.</p><h2>5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?</h2><p>There is no specific limit on the number of photos you can submit, but please be considerate and avoid spamming the thread with multiple photos. Quality over quantity is appreciated.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

The PF Member Photo Thread Archive is a collection of photos submitted by members of the Physics Forums community. It serves as a way for members to share their personal photos and get to know each other better.

2. How can I submit my photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

To submit your photos to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive, you can simply post them in the designated thread on the Physics Forums website. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules set by the moderators.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted?

Yes, there are some restrictions on the types of photos that can be submitted to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive. Photos must be appropriate for all ages and should not contain any offensive or inappropriate content.

4. Can I use photos from the PF Member Photo Thread Archive for my own personal use?

No, the photos in the PF Member Photo Thread Archive are the property of the members who submitted them. You may not use them for any personal or commercial purposes without the permission of the original owner.

5. Is there a limit to the number of photos I can submit to the PF Member Photo Thread Archive?

There is no specific limit on the number of photos you can submit, but please be considerate and avoid spamming the thread with multiple photos. Quality over quantity is appreciated.