Good Algebra Books for Self Learning | Khan & Idiot's Guide

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding additional resources for self-teaching algebra. The participants mention using Khan Academy and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra and are looking for more books or websites for extra practice. They also discuss the possibility of finding algebra homework sets and exams online and suggest searching for websites and exams related to algebra.
Abscissas
Hey, I wanted to know if anyone knew of any good books for self teaching Algebra. I am currently using Khan academy and The complete idiots guide to Algebra (The sources are not bad when combined) I was wondering if anyone had any more books or websites such as those to reaffirm my grasp on algebra.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Do lots and lots of algebra homework sets and exams. You can certainly find these online.

Sounds pretty solid, do you know any specific spots or good websites with plenty compiled? Ill start my search first thing in the morning.

I don't personally know any. Generally when I want practice problems I just google something along the lines of '[Subject] course websites', '[Subject] exams', etc.

Thank you very much ill definitely try it tomorrrow

1. What makes a good algebra book for self-learning?

A good algebra book for self-learning should have clear explanations, examples, and practice problems. It should also have a logical progression of concepts and a variety of difficulty levels to challenge the reader.

2. Why are Khan Academy and Idiot's Guide recommended for self-learning?

Khan Academy and Idiot's Guide are recommended for self-learning because they both offer comprehensive and free resources for learning algebra. They also have interactive features, such as video lessons and online practice problems, to enhance the learning experience.

3. Can I learn algebra on my own with these books?

Yes, you can learn algebra on your own with these books. Both Khan Academy and Idiot's Guide are designed for self-learning and provide all the necessary materials and resources for understanding and practicing algebra concepts.

4. Are these books suitable for beginners?

Yes, these books are suitable for beginners. They start with basic concepts and gradually build up to more advanced topics. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of arithmetic before diving into algebra.

5. Are these books suitable for all ages?

Yes, these books are suitable for all ages. They are designed to be accessible to anyone who wants to learn algebra, regardless of their age or background. However, younger learners may need additional support and guidance from a teacher or parent.