Can You Solve this Complex Equation Derived from a Gambling Strategy?

In summary, the conversation is about a person struggling with math and requesting help to solve an equation related to a popular gambling strategy. They mention their natural talent for math but lack of knowledge on algebraic shortcuts. They also provide the equation Y = (X * 2 + 1) + (( X * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) + ((( X * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) + (((( X * 2 + 1 ) * 2 + 1 ) * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) and mention that it could possibly be simplified to y = 31x +26 or y =
Rishijin
I am just no good at math these days and I was wondering if someone could solve this equation that I derived from a popular gambling strategy. I would definitely save time for me if I knew X. I suppose it isn't that I'm bad at math, as I have a natural talent for it, but I don't remember any algebraic shortcuts on simplification, so this would take me a while. Thanks to anyone who helps!

Y = (X * 2 + 1) + (( X * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) + ((( X * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) + (((( X * 2 + 1 ) * 2 + 1 ) * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Y=30x+26 It is just simple algebra I believe.

Rishijin said:
I am just no good at math these days and I was wondering if someone could solve this equation that I derived from a popular gambling strategy. I would definitely save time for me if I knew X. I suppose it isn't that I'm bad at math, as I have a natural talent for it, but I don't remember any algebraic shortcuts on simplification, so this would take me a while. Thanks to anyone who helps!

Y = (X * 2 + 1) + (( X * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) + ((( X * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1) + (((( X * 2 + 1 ) * 2 + 1 ) * 2 + 1) * 2 + 1)

Is it possible that you are using "X*2+ 1" to mean X2+ 1?

I think it is either y = 31x +26 or y = 30x + 27.

Either way, thanks for simplifying it for me.

Rishijin: I think it is either y = 31x +26 or y = 30x + 27.

Might I ask, what does it have to do with gambling?

What is a gambling strategy?

A gambling strategy is a plan or method for approaching and playing games of chance in order to increase the chances of winning. It involves making informed decisions and managing risk in order to potentially improve outcomes.

Is there a guaranteed winning gambling strategy?

No, there is no guaranteed winning gambling strategy. All games of chance have an element of randomness and cannot be predicted with certainty. However, using a well-informed and well-executed strategy can potentially increase the chances of winning.

What are some common gambling strategies?

Some common gambling strategies include card counting in blackjack, using progressive betting systems in roulette or craps, and playing certain slot machines with higher payout percentages. However, the effectiveness of these strategies can vary and depend on the specific game and individual factors.

Should I always stick to one gambling strategy?

No, it is not necessary or recommended to always stick to one gambling strategy. Different strategies may be more effective for different games or situations. It is important to be adaptable and adjust your strategy based on the game, odds, and your own bankroll.

Can a gambling strategy guarantee success in the long run?

No, a gambling strategy cannot guarantee success in the long run. While a good strategy can potentially increase the chances of winning, there is always an element of risk and uncertainty involved in gambling. It is important to approach gambling responsibly and to view it as a form of entertainment rather than a source of income.