How Can Elephants Fly and Penguins Allow It?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the voting for Member Awards will be open on Tuesday, December 4th and will close at midnight CST on December 11th. The award ceremony will be the next day! You have 5 more days to impress! :)
Is it possible to post a negative vote?

Physics news on Phys.org
oay said:
Is it possible to post a negative vote?
No, of course not.

Evo said:
No, of course not.

I've been foiled again!

Evo said:
No, of course not.
Why's that? There are plenty of rubbish "corrections" or "solutions" on here.

oay said:
Why's that? There are plenty of rubbish "corrections" or "solutions" on here.
In the member nominations list?

As you can see the polls have now closed. Thanks everyone for your participation. All nominations are honored but we will present the winners tomorrow (thursday).

Was a busy day! Server move took longer than expected. Awards will be presented tomorrow.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
Was a busy day! Server move too longer than expected. Awards will be presented tomorrow.

Not fair! I've been waiting with anticipation. I don't want to go through this surmising process again! :grumpy:

I know I've been full of lies lately, but I have to delay this yet again. This time a full week. I'l be presenting the awards Friday the 21st. Don't worry, it will be worth it! Looks like there are a few surprise winners too!

Greg Bernhardt said:
I know I've been full of lies lately, but I have to delay this yet again. This time a full week. I'l be presenting the awards Friday the 21st. Don't worry, it will be worth it! Looks like there are a few surprise winners too!
But the world is ending on the 21st!

I like surprise winners! :!)

You mean after the continents all subside into the oceans we get to find out. Cool. A sort of double whammy. Let's hope the smaller whammy comes first. PC's do not work well submerged in ocean water.

Gad said:
Not fair! I've been waiting with anticipation. I don't want to go through this surmising process again! :grumpy:

No! Me neither! I can not wait!

Om.defeats.Peng.png

Unless of course.

Pengs.last.laugh.png

Greg Bernhardt said:

And pigs are going to fly on the 21st!:uhh: :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
And pigs are going to fly on the 21st!:uhh: :biggrin:

I heard it was penguins.

Drakkith said:
I heard it was penguins.

To be the end of the world it's got to be elephants flying (and landing) wherever they want.

PAllen said:
To be the end of the world it's got to be elephants flying (and landing) wherever they want.

They only fly because the penguins allow it!

<h2>1. How can elephants fly and penguins allow it?</h2><p>The idea of flying elephants and allowing penguins to do so is purely fictional and not scientifically possible. Elephants are too heavy to fly and penguins do not have the physical adaptations necessary for flight. These are just imaginative concepts often seen in cartoons and movies.</p><h2>2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of flying elephants and penguins?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea of flying elephants and penguins. These animals have not evolved to have the ability to fly and their physical characteristics do not allow for it.</p><h2>3. Can elephants and penguins fly with the help of technology?</h2><p>While it is possible for humans to create technology that allows for flight, it is highly unlikely that elephants and penguins would be able to use such technology. Their bodies are not designed for flight and it would require a significant amount of energy and strength for them to fly, which they do not possess.</p><h2>4. Are there any animals that can fly like elephants and penguins?</h2><p>No, there are no animals that can fly like elephants and penguins. Some animals, such as birds and bats, have the ability to fly, but they have evolved specifically for flight and have unique physical adaptations that allow them to do so.</p><h2>5. Could elephants and penguins ever evolve to fly in the future?</h2><p>It is highly unlikely that elephants and penguins would evolve to fly in the future. Evolution occurs over a long period of time and is driven by natural selection and adaptation to the environment. Since these animals are not adapted for flight and do not have the necessary physical characteristics, it is not possible for them to evolve to fly.</p>

1. How can elephants fly and penguins allow it?

The idea of flying elephants and allowing penguins to do so is purely fictional and not scientifically possible. Elephants are too heavy to fly and penguins do not have the physical adaptations necessary for flight. These are just imaginative concepts often seen in cartoons and movies.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the idea of flying elephants and penguins?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea of flying elephants and penguins. These animals have not evolved to have the ability to fly and their physical characteristics do not allow for it.

3. Can elephants and penguins fly with the help of technology?

While it is possible for humans to create technology that allows for flight, it is highly unlikely that elephants and penguins would be able to use such technology. Their bodies are not designed for flight and it would require a significant amount of energy and strength for them to fly, which they do not possess.

4. Are there any animals that can fly like elephants and penguins?

No, there are no animals that can fly like elephants and penguins. Some animals, such as birds and bats, have the ability to fly, but they have evolved specifically for flight and have unique physical adaptations that allow them to do so.

5. Could elephants and penguins ever evolve to fly in the future?

It is highly unlikely that elephants and penguins would evolve to fly in the future. Evolution occurs over a long period of time and is driven by natural selection and adaptation to the environment. Since these animals are not adapted for flight and do not have the necessary physical characteristics, it is not possible for them to evolve to fly.