Register to reply

Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

by capterdi
Tags: continue, reference, work
Share this thread:
capterdi
Feb26-14, 11:21 AM
P: 49
I have gathered experimental data regarding this heat transfer problem. Unfortunately right now there is no simple way to measure discharge water temperature.

On the theoretical approach developed on post # 10 of abovementioned thread, a water temperature increase of 50 C was considered.

Please help me with the same numerical development, but now for a 25 C water temperature increase.
Question: In this case, for the same steel considerations, the water flow is going to be twice as the one for 50 C, which was 4.6 liters/sec? If not, what is going to be the amount of water flow?

Thanks.
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
Amazon worker piloted drone around Space Needle
Five next-generation technologies for positioning, navigation and timing
SteamKing
Feb26-14, 08:36 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
PF Gold
P: 6,307
Sorry, the thread number in the post doesn't link to anything related to heat transfer.

Please repost a valid link to your thread.
berkeman
Feb26-14, 10:15 PM
Mentor
P: 40,680
Here is the thread: http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=304738

It's from 2009, so that's why it was closed (old threads are generally locked after a few years). I can merge this new thread back into the old one and unlock it all if folks think that's a better way to handle the new information.

capterdi
Feb27-14, 09:27 AM
P: 49
Continue work with reference to Thread # 304738

Thank you, berkeman.

Indeed, its an old thread. Unfortunately in 2009 I had to deal with many other issues at work, and had to put the problem aside. But right now Im involved again with the heat transfer problem, so I am asking for more help on the theoretical side.

Register to reply