The Mysteries of the Cosmos: Uncovering the Hidden Truths and Purpose"

In summary, Mark asks a number of questions about the laws of the universe. He is interested in the meta-law that determines which physical laws are possible or even inevitable. He is also wondering what Mankind's purpose is if we know all there is to know about the Cosmos.
Markrids
I have only one question at the moment which I am pondering over. Now I am aware the the Laws of Physics govern most happening in the Cosmos, but what made these laws? I mean how did the speed of light end up at 3*10^8, How did gravity come about, what started time and when/how and what did the Cosmos first come about (Before the Big bang). I think The Cosmos if far more complicated than any of us can ever fathom and holds so many phenomenons/strange happens, that it will keep mankind occupied for a long time. On another note, say one day when we do learn everything there is to know about the Cosmos, what is Mankinds purpose? So is the answer to the meaning of life to truly understand the Cosmos? Ultimately, my question to the world is: What is the point in the cosmos? Is there something intelectually pleasing behing it all, or is there something far more sinister happening behind the workings of the Cosmos? Who Know?

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
I think you are a bit mixed up about the laws of physics. The laws of physics govern nothing in this Universe, they only describe that which we observe in this Universe.

The Cosmos may be far simpler than we imagine. For example we may not need complex theories like "multiverses" or string theory to explain what we observe.

Personally, I don't think we will ever learn all there is to know.

matt.o said:
The laws of physics govern nothing in this Universe, they only describe that which we observe in this Universe.

But surely the things that we observe are the things actually happening?

First of all welcome to these Forums Mark!
And I like your website - pretty impressive.

You have actually asked a number of questions not just "only one" but these Forums are the place to ask.
Markrids said:
I have only one question at the moment which I am pondering over. Now I am aware the the Laws of Physics govern most happening in the Cosmos, but what made these laws?
You can ask this as a scientific question - i.e. is there a 'meta-law', or "Theory of Everything" that determines which physical laws are possible or even inevitable? Or you can ask it as a philosophical/theological question. There are other Forums on PF to ask that type of question.
I mean how did the speed of light end up at 3*10^8, How did gravity come about, what started time and when/how and what did the Cosmos first come about (Before the Big bang).
Yes you will find threads here on these subjects.
I think The Cosmos if far more complicated than any of us can ever fathom and holds so many phenomenons/strange happens, that it will keep mankind occupied for a long time. On another note, say one day when we do learn everything there is to know about the Cosmos, what is Mankinds purpose? So is the answer to the meaning of life to truly understand the Cosmos? Ultimately, my question to the world is: What is the point in the cosmos? Is there something intelectually pleasing behing it all, or is there something far more sinister happening behind the workings of the Cosmos? Who Know?
Who indeed?

Keep asking the questions - though they will be probably better one at a time. :smile:

Garth

Thanks for the warm welcome. Its nice to be a part of a polite forum for a change. :smile:

arent the laws of the universe that everything evolves, everything spins/moves in circles and everything seeks a minimum energy configuration?

1. What are the basic principles of the Rules of the Cosmos?

The Rules of the Cosmos, also known as the laws of physics, are the fundamental principles that govern the behavior of the universe. These include concepts such as gravity, energy, and motion.

2. How were the Rules of the Cosmos discovered?

The Rules of the Cosmos were discovered through the scientific method, which involves making observations, forming hypotheses, and conducting experiments to test those hypotheses. These laws have been refined and expanded upon over centuries through the work of countless scientists.

3. Are the Rules of the Cosmos constant?

Yes, the Rules of the Cosmos are constant and universal. This means that they apply to all objects and in all locations in the universe. These laws do not change over time, but our understanding and interpretation of them may evolve.

4. What role do the Rules of the Cosmos play in our daily lives?

The Rules of the Cosmos play a significant role in our daily lives, whether we are aware of it or not. From the way objects fall to the ground to the way our technology and devices function, these laws are constantly at work shaping our physical world.

5. Can the Rules of the Cosmos be broken or changed?

The Rules of the Cosmos are considered to be immutable, meaning they cannot be broken or changed. They are fundamental principles that govern the behavior of the universe, and any apparent deviations from these laws can be explained by other factors, such as human error or limitations in our understanding.