What is the safest file sharing program for downloading?

In summary: Some file sharing programs may include malware and adware, which can harm your computer. It's best to stick to programs that do not transfer data, or use a torrent client that is known to be safe.
Benzoate
I'm aware that there having already been threads on which is the best P2P file sharing program to download. But the threads I've search only ask one of my questions and most of the threads are only 2 years old , so things may have change. Whats the safest file sharing program to download?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I would assume that the safest file sharing program would be one that does not transfer any data, this would minimise the temperature that your computer components would reach and so you would be less likely to burn yourself. However, this doesn't prevent many of the risks of using a computer. It's best if you also refrain from using mains power and purchase a case with no sharp edges.

How do you mean safe?

Last edited:
Do you mean like Limewire, that P2P stuff. or like torrents? Because if you mean Limewire, stop thinking about that stuff and use torrents. Much better IMO.

I mean file sharing programs with absolutely no malware or adware

Well in that case, you're better off sticking with torrents and use a reputable torrent client such a utorrent - pronounced micro torrent.

ranger said:
Well in that case, you're better off sticking with torrents and use a reputable torrent client such a utorrent - pronounced micro torrent.

Is a file sharing program like BitTorrent 6.0 Beta very reputable

Benzoate said:
Is a file sharing program like BitTorrent 6.0 Beta very reputable

I don't know. I can only speak for azureus and utorrent. Given the choice over any torrent client, I'd choose utorrent.

http://www.grauw.nl/articles/bittorrent.php

Last edited:
Didn't [itex]\mu[/itex]- and bittorrent join forces somehow a while ago (although naturally at least were completely different "animals")? I think performance and lightness -wise utorrent for one rocks. Would just make sure download from an authenticated source.

BitTorrent is written by the inventor of the protocol, another choice is the Opera web browser, it has torrent support builtin.
Of course neither of these are open source so you cannot check the code yourself.

No P2P networks have "absolutely no malware or adware."

- Warren

Yes, of course you have to be careful of what you download.

1. What is the safest file sharing program available?

The safest file sharing program available is subjective and can vary depending on personal preferences and needs. However, some popular options include Dropbox, Google Drive, and WeTransfer, which have strong encryption and security measures in place.

2. How can I ensure the safety of my files while using a file sharing program?

To ensure the safety of your files, it is important to choose a reputable and secure file sharing program. Additionally, you can take steps such as setting strong passwords, limiting access to shared files, and regularly updating your software to further enhance security.

3. Are there any risks associated with using a file sharing program?

While using a file sharing program can be convenient and efficient, there are also potential risks to consider. These include the possibility of malware or viruses being attached to shared files, as well as the potential for sensitive information to be accessed by unauthorized parties.

4. Can I trust the security measures of a file sharing program?

Most reputable file sharing programs have strong security measures in place, such as encryption and password protection. However, it is important to do your own research and choose a program from a trustworthy source to ensure the highest level of security for your files.

5. Are there any alternatives to using a file sharing program for safe file sharing?

There are other options for safe file sharing, such as using a virtual private network (VPN) or transferring files through secure email services. However, these may not be as convenient or efficient as using a file sharing program, so it is important to weigh the pros and cons before choosing an alternative method.