Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help

• Thread starter Faiza
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of work done by gravity on a load being affected by the angle between the displacement and the force of gravity. It is determined that if the angle is 90 degrees, the work done is zero. The conversation also touches on the scalar product or point product and the cosine of the angle between two vectors. Ultimately, the conclusion is that the work done by gravity on a load is zero.
Faiza
Omg Read This I Dun Understand! Help

A man pushes a heavy load across a horizontal floor. What is the work done by gravity on the load?
a. The work depends on the weight of the load.
b. The work done by gravity is negative.
c. The work done by gravity is zero.
d. The work done by gravity is positive.

Physics news on Phys.org
Remember Work is the scalar product of displacement and Force, so what's the angle between the displacement and the Force of Gravity (weight)?

Last edited:
no i dun think so

the work done by a constant force F on a particle is defined as the product of the component of the force in the direction of the particles displacement and the magnitude of the displacement. If F makes an angle theta with the displacement then the work done by f is W=Fdcos thetha
if thetha is 90 degress its zero?

i checked the answer and its zero

:{ lol i dun get it

Faiza said:
no i dun think so

what you don't think?

[tex] \frac{dW}{d \vec{x}} = \vec{F} [/tex]

[tex] dW = \vec{F} \cdot d \vec{x} [/tex]

Scalar Product or Point Product

[tex] \vec{A} \cdot \vec{B} = | \vec{A}||\vec{B}|cos\theta [/tex]

where [tex] \theta [/tex] is the angle between the two vectors.

Faiza said:
the work done by a constant force F on a particle is defined as the product of the component of the force in the direction of the particles displacement and the magnitude of the displacement. If F makes an angle theta with the displacement then the work done by f is W=Fdcos thetha
if thetha is 90 degress its zero?

What's the cosine of 90 degrees?

Cos(90)=0?

Faiza said:
Cos(90)=0?

Yes, so the work done by Gravity is? :smile:

Zero...... Lol

1. What is "Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help"?

"Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help" is a phrase commonly used on the internet to express confusion or frustration about a particular topic or issue. It is often used in online forums or social media posts when seeking assistance or clarification on something.

2. Why do people use "Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help" instead of asking their question directly?

People may use this phrase as a shorthand way to express their confusion or frustration without having to explain the entire situation. It can also be used as a way to grab attention and stand out among other posts or questions.

3. Is "Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help" a proper way to ask for help?

No, using this phrase alone is not an effective way to ask for help. It is important to provide context and details about the issue you are facing in order to receive a helpful response. Simply using this phrase may not provide enough information for others to understand and assist you.

4. Can "Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help" be considered a form of internet slang?

Yes, "Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help" can be considered a form of internet slang. It is a casual and informal way of expressing confusion or seeking help online. It is also often used in a humorous or exaggerated manner.

5. How can I respond if someone uses "Omg Read This I Dun Understand Help" to ask for help?

If someone uses this phrase to ask for help, it is important to respond with patience and understanding. Ask for more specific details or offer to assist them in finding a solution. Avoid using this phrase yourself as it may not effectively convey the help you are seeking.