Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #3,816
Moonbear said:
Mmmmm...okay, though not sure what good they'll do over the phone.

*ring ring*
Evo: Hello
Moonbear: Here's your humming turtle-gram!
Turtles:
<<HMMMMMMMMMMMM>>
<<HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM>>
<<HMMMMMMMMMMMM>>
<<HMMMMMMMM>>

:tongue2:
Aww, thanks Moonbear! :approve:

Can they do Gregorian Chant? And can you dress them in little monk outfits? It would really make me feel better. :shy:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,817
mattmns said:
WTF is bush talking for? They better air all of jeopardy or I will not be a happy camper. :mad:
:rofl: See? You haven't missed much!
BicycleTree said:
Yeah, there's no limit to what you can make here, except it has to be within the maximum message length, it has to have pretty low resolution, and using a lot of colors is tedious.

Really, though, the art here (except for the eye I posted a way back) was the art of the original smiley makers. I just transcribe them.
Though I like much of your work, such as Bill the Cat, I'm sure you know what my favorite is. :biggrin: Still, cronxeh has done some pretty good smilie work too.

• #3,818
Humming turtles reminds me of that movie... forget what it was called... watched it a long time ago... anyway there were these turtle-like creatures who entered an evil fortress by magic humming. Something to do with elves, and ethereal beings, and giant black-armored scorpion things, and evil vulture people--I remember the name Aughra. I don't think it's as dumb as it sounds now.

• #3,819
Was it The Dark Crystal?
With the evil skeksi vultures?

• #3,820
Cronxeh was the one who was doing those pictures made out of smilies? Yeah, those were good.

• #3,821
Yeah the Dark Crystal, that was it.

• #3,822
lllllll:uhh:lllllllllllllllllllll:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:lllllllllllllllllllll:uhh:
lllllll:uhh:lllllll:uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh:lllllll:uhh:
lllllll:uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh:
lllllll:uhh: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :uhh:
lllllll:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :mad: :uhh: :grumpy: :uhh: :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
lllllll:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
lllllll:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
llllllllllllll:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
lllllllllllllllllllll:uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh:
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

Last edited:
  • #3,823
BicycleTree said:
██:uhh:██████:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:██████:uhh:
██:uhh:██:uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh:██:uhh:
██:uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh:
██:uhh: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :uhh:
██:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :mad: :uhh: :grumpy: :uhh: :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :mad: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
██:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
██:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
████:uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh:
██████:uhh: :uhh: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :uhh: :uhh:
██████████:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:
Pretty good!

• #3,824
I'm trying to get the warp out of it.

• #3,825
Near enough!

• #3,826
Evo said:
Can they do Gregorian Chant? And can you dress them in little monk outfits? It would really make me feel better. :shy:

Monk outfits? What sort of crazy stuff are you into? Oh, right, you were raised Catholic. :rofl:

• #3,827
Moonbear said:
Monk outfits? What sort of crazy stuff are you into? Oh, right, you were raised Catholic. :rofl:
The monk outfits would make it seem more authentic. :approve:

• #3,828
Evo said:
The monk outfits would make it seem more authentic. :approve:

I've consulted the turtles, and one of them will agree to wear a robe, but the rest are really dead set against the idea. They said they only have Energizer bunny costumes.

• #3,829
Evo said:
Oh yeah, Bill the Cat was always blowing raspberries.
That sounds pretty uncomfortable; those thorns are a bugger.

BicycleTree said:
Here's an example of what that would look like:
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Okay, now I see what everyone else saw. Cool.
Evo said:
You're getting pretty demanding for such a desperate broad... :tongue:

Moonbear said:
They said they only have Energizer bunny costumes.
And with those batteries in backwards, they just keep coming, and coming, and... :eek:

• #3,830
Evo said:
...And can you dress them in little monk outfits? It would really make me feel better. :shy:
Safe turtles, yes, and that's what you call it--monk outfits?
Moonbear said:
I've consulted the turtles, and one of them will agree to wear a robe, but the rest are really dead set against the idea. They said they only have Energizer bunny costumes.
I think I know these turtles. :rofl: Oh wait. The one I was thinking of couldn't harmonize--not even a Gregorian chant!

• #3,831
Moonbear said:
Will the energizer turtles chant? Did you tell them that I've got lots of flies. :approve:

• #3,832
SOS2008 said:
I think I know these turtles. :rofl: Oh wait. The one I was thinking of couldn't harmonize--not even a Gregorian chant!

Well, I really wanted a rabbit, but since turtles are what were sent to me, they're indulging me with some costumes. :approve:

• #3,833
Moonbear said:
Well, I really wanted a rabbit, but since turtles are what were sent to me, they're indulging me with some costumes. :approve:
That's okay, but if they start putting on a puppet show, back toward the exit.

I moved the following to here because the thread that it was on got locked away and I don't want to waste it.

marlon said:
Did you know that my girlfriend and i dream of living in Canada? Who knows, we might meet...
You're more than welcome here, for sure, but you might want to think twice about introducing her to me. I've seen her picture, remember. In fact, I cropped you out of it and am using it as my desktop. :tongue:

Last edited:
  • #3,834
Danger said:
That's okay, but if they start putting on a puppet show, back toward the exit.

I'll just be carefully watching where they put their little flippers.

I moved the following to here because the thread that it was on got locked away and I don't want to waste it.

Oh, yeah, never waste your good material on someone making a big production about leaving the site. It always reminds me of the 7 year-old threatening to run away from home.

Kid: I'm leaving now. Really, I am. I'm heading out the door. Right now. I have my hand on the doorknob. I'm going to run away and never come back. You'll be sorry when I'm gone.

Mom: Okay, here's your teddy bear, bye.

Kid: I'm really going to go now. Me and my teddy bear, we're running away.

Mom: Okay, would you like me to pack you a sandwich?

Kid: :cry:

• #3,835
Moonbear said:
I'll just be carefully watching where they put their little flippers.
I don't know if you've heard of these guys before, but I think you'd probably be front-row-centre if they ever came to your town.

Moonbear said:
Oh, yeah, never waste your good material on someone making a big production about leaving the site. It always reminds me of the 7 year-old threatening to run away from home.
The difference is that the kid would be missed if he really did leave. :tongue:

• #3,836
Moonbear said:
It always reminds me of the 7 year-old threatening to run away from home.

Kid: I'm leaving now. Really, I am. I'm heading out the door. Right now. I have my hand on the doorknob. I'm going to run away and never come back. You'll be sorry when I'm gone.

Speaking of kids, where's little franzbear? Moonbear, did you forget to let him out of the -20°C cold room in your laboratory again? Better get some blankets and hot water bottles...

• #3,837
DocToxyn said:
Speaking of kids, where's little franzbear? Moonbear, did you forget to let him out of the -20°C cold room in your laboratory again? Better get some blankets and hot water bottles...
Franzbear must be freezing! Let me get him into something nice and toasty.

Where did I leave that vat of liquid Nitrogen? :confused:

• #3,838
Artman said:
Franzbear must be freezing! Let me get him into something nice and toasty.
Too late. I've already rescued him and put him in the microwave to warm up.

• #3,839
Danger said:
You're more than welcome here, for sure, but you might want to think twice about introducing her to me. I've seen her picture, remember. In fact, I cropped you out of it and am using it as my desktop. :tongue:
:rofl: LOL :rofl:

• #3,840
Moonbear said:
It always reminds me of the 7 year-old threatening to run away from home.

Oh m'gosh, did we have the same mother!? Once my mother helped my brother and I pack our little red wagon. She reminded us about everything we would need--food, blankets, etc. So off we went with our wagon and a jar of peanut butter, and a blanket, and what have you. We got to the end of our block and realized we weren't familiar with anything past that point, not to mention struggling to get our heavy wagon over curbs and such. I don't think we were gone very long. It was kind of fun though, and as you know, we are still into survival games.

• #3,841
DocToxyn said:

Yeah, franzbear, bring mommy some hot water bottles, she's cold. Now, be a good little thread and go back in the walk-in freezer to catalog those samples, all of them, and stop walking in an out, you're letting the heat back in!

(It always used to make me nervous that our walk-in freezer in one department I worked in had a note stuck on the inside of the door with instructions of how to remove the side panel to open it if you got stuck inside! Fortunately, there was always a nice big bucket of something that had melted down and refrozen and smelled awful but nobody ever claimed that we used to prop the door from closing behind us completely, just in case it didn't open from the inside. I wonder if it should make me more nervous when there aren't any such instructions?)

• #3,842
Moonbear said:
Yeah, franzbear, bring mommy some hot water bottles, she's cold. Now, be a good little thread and go back in the walk-in freezer to catalog those samples, all of them, and stop walking in an out, you're letting the heat back in!

(It always used to make me nervous that our walk-in freezer in one department I worked in had a note stuck on the inside of the door with instructions of how to remove the side panel to open it if you got stuck inside! Fortunately, there was always a nice big bucket of something that had melted down and refrozen and smelled awful but nobody ever claimed that we used to prop the door from closing behind us completely, just in case it didn't open from the inside. I wonder if it should make me more nervous when there aren't any such instructions?)
Franzbear is helping Moonbear; how sweet! :smile:

Franzbear, be a dear and hand Uncle Artman that paper with the writing on it taped inside the freezer. Thanks. o:) That's sweet! He's so helpful. :smile: Now, uncle Artman needs that bucket. You know, the stinky one. Thanks...Oh quick I need one more thing, it's in the box in the very back of the freezer, behind some other boxes, hurry before the door closes! o:) Now I'm going to go away for a few hours, but I'll be back later. He's such a sweet little thread. :smile: :devil:

• #3,843
Artman said:
Franzbear is helping Moonbear; how sweet! :smile:

Franzbear, be a dear and hand Uncle Artman that paper with the writing on it taped inside the freezer. Thanks. o:) That's sweet! He's so helpful. :smile: Now, uncle Artman needs that bucket. You know, the stinky one. Thanks...Oh quick I need one more thing, it's in the box in the very back of the freezer, behind some other boxes, hurry before the door closes! o:) Now I'm going to go away for a few hours, but I'll be back later. He's such a sweet little thread. :smile: :devil:

You know, I'm kinda hungry, maybe i should look in the freezer for some food...ooh look a pizza...hmm, why is franzbear sitting there shivering? Meh, must be some kind of holiday. Oh well. *locks freezer door behind him*

• #3,844
franznietzsche said:
You know, I'm kinda hungry, maybe i should look in the freezer for some food...ooh look a pizza...hmm, why is franzbear sitting there shivering? Meh, must be some kind of holiday. Oh well. *locks freezer door behind him*

Somebody really should do something about that odd noise the freezer keeps making. It seems the door just keeps rattling. Well, I wouldn't want the door to rattle open over a weekend and have all the samples inside ruined. *places heavy bookcase in front of freezer door to hold it shut*

• #3,845
Why franzbear, what are you doing back out here? A cat was chasing after you and got caught in the freezer? I guess having you hide under Danger's dining table wasn't such a good idea after all. Were you being naughty to that cat? Where did you get such ideas? From the pictures I showed you?

http://img165.echo.cx/img165/6339/att09efffb99fbeab148a1068ed926.jpg

• #3,846
Oh, that poor kitten! :eek:

• #3,847
Moonbear said:
Oh, that poor kitten! :eek:
I wonder if they discouraged that kid before he started hocking up hairballs.

• #3,848
Danger said:
I wonder if they discouraged that kid before he started hocking up hairballs.

From the look of that cat, I doubt it would have been much longer before the kitten took matters into its own paws (or claws).

• #3,849
Moonbear said:
From the look of that cat, I doubt it would have been much longer before the kitten took matters into its own paws (or claws).
I don't know if any of you real scientists bother looking at Scientific American, but they had a picture of a Tasmanian devil last year that looked almost exactly like that cat except for a pointier snout. Maybe the parents were trying to teach the kid respect for animals the hard way. :eek:

• #3,850
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Last edited:
Back