Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,531
As I was walking to Saint Ives, I met a man with no teeth. And on each tooth he had no shoes. And on each shoe he had no weevils. Man, teeth, shoes, and weevils, how many were going to Saint Ives?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,532
BicycleTree said:
Zooby = tooth.
Teeth, actually. Plural. Tooth is "zoob". It's Russian.

• #5,533
No, it means tooth. It is not Russian, it is from A Clockwork Orange.

• #5,534
BicycleTree said:
As I was walking to Saint Ives, I met a man with no teeth. And on each tooth he had no shoes. And on each shoe he had no weevils. Man, teeth, shoes, and weevils, how many were going to Saint Ives?
I refuse to answer on the grounds that the point of this story is to subvert goodness and decency where ever it may be found.

• #5,535
BicycleTree said:
No, it means tooth. It is not Russian, it is from A Clockwork Orange.
And where do you think "A Clockwork Orange" author, Anthony Burgess, got it from when he wrote the novel in 1961, shortly after he was diagnosed with a brain tumor and believed he only had a year to live?

• #5,536
HE got it from Baal.

• #5,537
BicycleTree said:
HE got it from Baal.
Zoob
Droog
Krov
Korova
Moloko

All of it, from Russian.

• #5,538
Show me the link to the Russian dictionary containing Zooby, and then I will concede that Baal was Russian.

• #5,539
BicycleTree said:
Show me the link to the Russian dictionary containing Zooby, and then I will concede that Baal was Russian.
I don't have cyrillic script capabilities. I speak some Russian, though. Ya govoryioo nemnogo po-rooski. Ya znaioo etee slovy rooski slovi.

"Nadsat" means "Tean" as in teenager, meaning something like "Teanspeak". Burgess invented the slang from scratch using mostly Russian words, but also some gypsy jargon. The "droogs" were based on two gangs that were prevalent in England at the time: the mods, and the rockers. The mods were very fashion conscious and the rockers were violent.

• #5,540
Zooby (written as "3y6u" is a 4-letter word that means teeth. Its plural

Singular tooth would be 'zub' - "3y6" is an approximate way it would be written in Russian.

If you need further help, pm me, I speak/write fluent English and Russian :zzz:

• #5,541
cronxeh said:
Singular tooth would be 'zub' - "3y6" is an approximate way it would be written in Russian.
Not "zub", "zoob".

• #5,542
dont argue with me

• #5,543
cronxeh said:
dont argue with me
I am eight feet tall, covered with hair, and can lift and toss a 250lb bolder 20 feet.

• #5,544
cronxeh said:
If you need further help, pm me, I speak/write fluent English and Russian :zzz:
I also just looked it up in my Russian dictionary, but alas I'm too late. Cronxeh, if I ever have time, I'd like to get into that with you a bit. Russian was my chosen 2nd language, but I only had the tape and book system. That was okay until it got up to the conversational stuff that wasn't in the book. I have enough trouble trying to understand English when I can't read lips, and had no chance at all with the Russian. It's been over 15 years now, but I'd like to pick up a bit if I can.
No idea when I will have time, though.

• #5,545
cronxeh said:
Zooby (written as "3y6u" is a 4-letter word that means teeth. Its plural

I never realized you could use numbers as letters before. Cool!
Here you can see it written with the cyrillic symbols: http://www.rambler.ru/dict/scripts/go.cgi?query=tooth&where=enru&start=0&count=15

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #5,546
Moonbear said:
I never realized you could use numbers as letters before. Cool!
Here you can see it written with the cyrillic symbols: http://www.rambler.ru/dict/scripts/go.cgi?query=tooth&where=enru&start=0&count=15
I can't make heads or tails of that.

• #5,547
zoobyshoe said:
I can't make heads or tails of that.

Definition 1.1. is the one I think Cronxeh is referring to. It's just a translation from English to Russian. Strangely enough, I know no Russian, yet could pick that one out as the one that would likely be transliterated to zoob, even though it looks more like zyb to me.

• #5,548
Moonbear said:
Definition 1.1. is the one I think Cronxeh is referring to. It's just a translation from English to Russian. Strangely enough, I know no Russian, yet could pick that one out as the one that would likely be transliterated to zoob, even though it looks more like zyb to me.
Cyrillic "y" is more or less equivalent to English "oo".

• #5,549
Zoobyshoe: pronounciation-wise, yes, you can say its 'zoob', but its written 3y6 or 'zub'. Most Russians online when using translit (english letters to type in russian) will type 'zub' - singular, or 'zubi' - plural.

Moonbear: the definition #3 is 'cavity' and not 'plural tooth' per se :biggrin:

Danger: just sent a pm or aim if you are stuck on certain words. But don't make me write serenades in dirty-old-man style to your next victims :rofl:

• #5,550
cronxeh said:
Moonbear: the definition #3 is 'cavity' and not 'plural tooth' per se :biggrin:

:rofl: Well, I guess I'm all set if I need a Russian dentist. :eek:

• #5,551
Evo said:
I keep a loaf in the bathroom at all times.
For pinching a loaf? :yuck:

And I understand there has been a lot of sheep talkin' going on while I've been gone too. So let me add to it! :biggrin: I came across this site while looking for Easter ideas--the sheep are cute:

http://www.pooppals.com/

Every Pal has a card attached:

“I’m a little Poop Pal,
I’ll tell you what I mean,
Squeeze my little tummy,
You’ll get a jelly bean!"

And there was a fun "shoot the sheep" video game, but the only one I could link was this one:

http://www.flashjava.com/games/index.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=363&title=Sheep invaders

Arrrrgh, how long will it take me to read all the posts!

• #5,553
cronxeh said:
dont make me write serenades in dirty-old-man style to your next victims :rofl:
How'd you know that's what I had in mind? :blushing:

• #5,554
Danger said:
How'd you know that's what I had in mind? :blushing:
Now when did you start blushing?

• #5,555
SOS2008 said:
Arrrrgh, how long will it take me to read all the posts!
It's your own fault for neglecting it this long. Welcome back.

Moonbear said:
Oh, sheep games! Then you have to have this one in your collection...
That was fun! (I couldn't play SOS's game. :frown: )

Moonbear said:
Now when did you start blushing?
When I realized how transparent I've become. I thought sure that I could trick Cronxeh into that, and he caught on right away.

• #5,556
cronxeh said:
dont argue with me
Rawr...you're so cute when you're angry. :tongue2:
Moonbear said:
Oh, sheep games! Then you have to have this one in your collection...
http://www.david-lewis.com/sheepgame/
Very funny. :grumpy:
Danger said:
It's your own fault for neglecting it this long. Welcome back..
Thanks, though I will be gone again this weekend...
Danger said:
That was fun! (I couldn't play SOS's game. :frown: )
Really? Sorry. :frown:
Danger said:
When I realized how transparent I've become. I thought sure that I could trick Cronxeh into that, and he caught on right away.
It's either a dog suit guise or blush smilies guise or something...

• #5,557
SOS2008 said:
Rawr...you're so cute when you're angry. :tongue2:

awesome. let's make good use of our time on this rock :cool:

• #5,558
SOS2008 said:
Thanks, though I will be gone again this weekend...
Yeah, I remember. :cry:

SOS2008 said:
Really? Sorry. :frown:
I'll try again later. I might have been clicking in the wrong place or something, but it's more likely just not a Mac-friendly site.

SOS2008 said:
It's either a dog suit guise or blush smilies guise or something...
Hmmm... I just got a flashback to that CSI episode about the 'plushies' convention.

• #5,559
You realize she's probably reading everything that she missed in this thread right now. I don't think she's too concerned about the best use of her time.

• #5,560
Danger said:
I'll try again later. I might have been clicking in the wrong place or something, but it's more likely just not a Mac-friendly site..
I got it to work...good fun! It's not obvious where you have to click though. Click on one of the resolution options. It took me a while to figure out how to play. Shoot with the space bar and move with the arrow keys (mousing doesn't work).

• #5,561
Huckleberry said:
You realize she's probably reading everything that she missed in this thread right now. I don't think she's too concerned about the best use of her time.
Not so quick there Huckster. I believe I have developed a master plan, a plan that will make Artman baaaah like a sheep, squeal like a... girl, well you get the picture.

Look franzbear. Look at how much fun this little girl is having. Why don't you try it too?

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/7250/bikeroller2wo.jpg

No franzbear, you don't need a helmet. Here, let me help get you started with a push...

• #5,562
I'm so confused with this franzbear charachter... first I think its franzneitch, then I think its Moonbear, then I'm left with no other choice than to think its a teddy bear that looks like franzneitch. :confused:

• #5,563
Moonbear said:
Click on one of the resolution options. Shoot with the space bar and move with the arrow keys (mousing doesn't work).
Got it. Thanks. Can't spare the time to play now, though. I should have turned in a couple of hours ago, but there's still thread-haunting to be done.

• #5,564
SOS, that looks like so much fun! If I was younger I would be tempted to try that.

• #5,565
Mk said:
I'm so confused with this franzbear charachter... first I think its franzneitch, then I think its Moonbear, then I'm left with no other choice than to think its a teddy bear that looks like franzneitch. :confused:
Well, he definitely has my eyes, but I think that's franz's nose. There's always plastic surgery. :rolleyes:

Back