Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #5,636
would u like to take a sit on that turtle, Moonie?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,637
Moonbear said:
Looks like the top should have nuts in it.
Well yeah... they pretty much come as a set.

• #5,638
I have a theory that if sixty people bring knives to a place that nobody knows exists, everyone will feel a slap.

• #5,639
Personally, I feel that abstract representational art should capture the essence of the subject in some way. A sculpture with a concave back is an interesting 3 dimensional doodle, but it doesn't show the spirit of the turtle.

• #5,640
BicycleTree said:
I have a theory that if sixty people bring knives to a place that nobody knows exists, everyone will feel a slap.
Shouldn't you be in that turtle dish?

• #5,641
BicycleTree said:
It's a nice piece of art but I wouldn't call it an actual turtle. What kind of turtle has a concave shell?
It's a not-actual abstract turtle

• #5,642
BicycleTree said:
Personally, I feel that abstract representational art should capture the essence of the subject in some way. A sculpture with a concave back is an interesting 3 dimensional doodle, but it doesn't show the spirit of the turtle.
That would be an actual non-abstract turtle, or maybe a non-actual, non-abstract turtle. :tongue2:

• #5,643
Moonbear said:
That would be an actual non-abstract turtle, or maybe a non-actual, non-abstract turtle. :tongue2:
*whisper* moonbear...you kinda stole my joke :mad:

• #5,644
No, yomamma was right, it would be a non-actual abstract turtle.

• #5,645
How do you make small text?/

• #5,646
BicycleTree said:
It's not turtley enough for you?

• #5,647
Or maybe a non-actual abstract non-turtle.

• #5,648
yomamma said:
*whisper* moonbear...you kinda stole my joke :mad:
Great minds think alike! :biggrin:

• #5,649
BicycleTree said:
Faraday did extensive experiments based on this very theory.

• #5,650
I call it a wodden non-actual abstract un-turtle with non-convexlike shell and abstract legs for short: WNAAUTWNCSAAL (acronym)

• #5,651
I remember the snapping turtles from a long time ago... canoeing over the lake shallows.

• #5,652
yomamma said:
How do you make small text?/
The pull-down menu that says [Size] right above the other formatting commands. '2' is normal, '1' is small. Just go back to '2' to cancel.

Hey, you little bugger! You already did it. What are you asking for?

Last edited:
  • #5,653
How do people make a post with just a smiley and no text? I always get a message saying that I must have at least 10 characters.

• #5,654
Hardly a meeting or convention exists but could be enhanced by promotional material from the Tourist department of Bad Lauterberg.

• #5,655
Huckleberry said:
How do people make a post with just a smiley and no text? I always get a message saying that I must have at least 10 characters.
Put some other stuff in white so nobody sees it

• #5,656
Tourist with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool-hall.

• #5,657
Huckleberry said:
It counts the characters you have to type for the smiley.

• #5,658
yomamma said:
Put some other stuff in white so nobody sees it
Hey, thanks! I never thought of that. (Have to make it something innocent, though, since it'll show up in the quote screen.)

• #5,659
Nothing counts better than salt cubes.

• #5,660
Danger said:
Hey, thanks! I never thought of that. (Have to make it something innocent, though, since it'll show up in the quote screen.)
:biggrin: dumbass

• #5,661
What rascals.

• #5,662

• #5,663
yomamma said:
:biggrin: dumbass
Unfortunately for you, my screen colour is set to very light grey for doing art, so white shows up. :tongue: :grumpy: :biggrin:

• #5,664
I actually have a moustache superior to the finest grade of paper ducks.

• #5,665
yomamma said:
this is my idea of an abstract turtle:

http://karkulagalleries.com/items/large/IMG_2225.JPG
<gasp>[/URL] I WANT IT! :!)

Actually it's not abstract at all, the other part of the sculpture, the lid (or shell) has been lost. The two pieces, made in Taiwan, were originally sold at Walmart for $5.95. The bottom piece (seen above) somehow made it's way to an exclusive art dealer in NY who assuming the piece was making a statement as a "non-actual abstract turtle", is offering it for sale for $15,900.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #5,666
Well, Danger, everyone has that. Select the text to see it more easily.

• #5,667
Most turtles carry poison darts in secret hidden pouches under their skin.

• #5,668
BicycleTree said:
Tourist with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool-hall.
Acceleration. An outstanding music collection. Search for accaleration now.

• #5,669
BicycleTree said:
Most turtles carry poison darts in secret hidden pouches under their skin.
:rofl: Sometimes you make me laugh BT.

• #5,670
BicycleTree said:
Well, Danger, everyone has that. Select the text to see it more easily.
What I meant is that I don't have to. My screen isn't white, so white text isn't hidden.

edit: Gonna be late for pool. Don't kill each other before I get back.

Back