How do I save equations on a ti-36x pro for future calculations?

In summary, the TI-36X Pro calculator has the capability to save one program or equation in memory, as well as storing information on the stack for future use. However, the stack can be easily cleared and lost, so it is important to refer to the owner's manual for instructions on how to properly store and retrieve information.
TitoSmooth
Can anyone help me on how to save functions on a ti 36x pro for future calculations?

I am doing a lot of plug and chug calculus and physics problems that would save me time if I knew how to save the functions and real them later, by changing what x is.

Ie. Newtons method to finding roots when the domain is not given. Linearization (relative error) etc.

Thanks. I will give big hug to first poster

Likes AlanMW
Computer science news on Phys.org
It may not have this feature, I think the ti-89 has it though with its scrolling display.

For other's future reference. Yes, the Ti-36 Pro version can hold one program / equation in memory, plus whatever you leave on the stack (where you can go and re-use). However it can be easily cleared and lost on the stack. See page 30 of your owner's manual for details on storing up to 44 characters into permanent memory.

The stack is very useable, just that it can be cleared and lost very easily. It is retained on power down, which is better than the Casio line which clears all memory on power down.

What is the process for saving equations on a ti-36x pro?

The process for saving equations on a ti-36x pro is as follows:

1. Enter the equation into the calculator.
  2. Press the "STO" (Store) button.
  3. Choose a variable to store the equation in.
  4. Press the "ENTER" button to save the equation.

Can I save multiple equations on a ti-36x pro?

Yes, you can save multiple equations on a ti-36x pro by choosing different variables to store them in.

How do I recall a saved equation on a ti-36x pro?

To recall a saved equation on a ti-36x pro, follow these steps:

1. Press the "RCL" (Recall) button.
  2. Choose the variable that the equation is stored in.
  3. Press the "ENTER" button to recall the equation.

Can I edit a saved equation on a ti-36x pro?

Yes, you can edit a saved equation on a ti-36x pro by recalling the equation and using the arrow keys to move the cursor to the part of the equation you want to edit. Then, make the necessary changes and press the "ENTER" button to save the new version of the equation.

How long will my saved equations stay on a ti-36x pro?

Your saved equations will stay on a ti-36x pro until you clear the calculator's memory or replace the batteries. They will not be deleted even if you turn off the calculator.