Effortlessly Import Photos on Windows 7: A Guide for Canon PowerShot 1000 Users

• Thread starter biferi
  • Start date
In summary: I have to go into computer.When I plug the camara into my laptop it beeps but I have to go into computer I one and right camara and click import.Then it opens import screen over clock but it dose not have the settings tab on the screen for me to pick where I want my pics to go.What is different on my laptop did I uninstall something?I cannot tell from here.
biferi
I have a win home 64 bit system and a canon power shot 1000.

I use to plug the camara in USB and a window would open asking what do I want to do?

Then I would click import photos and it would open the import window on the bottom right side over the clock.

I would then click settings tab on this box and it would let me setup how I want to import the pics and where I want to put them.

So now I thought I would try it with my win home 64 bit laptop.

But when I plug the camara in it beeps but I have to go into computer I one and right camara and click import.
Then it opens import screen over clock but it dose not have the settings tab on the screen for me to pick where I want my pics to go.
What is diferant on my laptop did I uninstall something win needs to do what the import screen does on my desktop?

Engineering news on Phys.org
We cannot know from here. Guesses: the drivers are not the same, you did not install the canon 1 shot software? You have to look on each PC and determine where differences are. We cannot do that for you from here.

N7 systemThank you for getting back to me.

What is. I shot program that you say I need?

When I plug my camara into my desktop system the import box opens.

But on my laptop it does not and it runs win7 and my desktop does not have. I shot

Canon cameras used to come with a disc. I do not know that to be true right now. The disc had some software to facilitate downloading and picture selection.
I just looked:
Go here
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support

Follow the menus to your camera model - there is software there for you to download, give it a try.

Ptop it won't let me stop it to tell it where to put them.

Now my desktop and laptop both have win7 home so what is going on?

Please tell me if i am not asking for help in the right way?Wait let me back up.

I never never ever installed any driver or any program with my camara on my desktop system.
I just plug the camara in and it opens the box. What do you want to do. And I pick import pics.

Then it starts import ting them.

But as it imports them I can stop it and tell it where to put them.

But on my

What is the best way to import photos from my Canon PowerShot 1000 to Windows 7?

The best way to import photos from your Canon PowerShot 1000 to Windows 7 is through the use of Canon's official software, called the "Canon Utilities Image Transfer Utility". This software allows for seamless transfer of photos from your camera to your computer.

Can I import photos without using Canon's software?

Yes, you can also import photos without using Canon's software by connecting your camera to your computer via a USB cable. Your computer should automatically recognize the device and allow you to transfer photos directly.

What if my computer doesn't recognize my camera?

If your computer does not recognize your camera, make sure that your camera is turned on and properly connected to your computer via a USB cable. You may also need to install the appropriate drivers for your camera on your computer.

Can I organize my imported photos into albums?

Yes, you can organize your imported photos into albums by using the "Import Photos and Videos" function in Windows 7. This allows you to select which photos you want to import and also allows you to create new folders or albums for your photos.

Is there a limit to the number of photos I can import at once?

No, there is no limit to the number of photos you can import at once. However, it is recommended to import in smaller batches to avoid any potential errors or crashes during the import process.