Robot uses four servos to walk

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties the speaker is facing while programming a robot kit. They mention that the robot uses four servos controlled by a micro control board and the basic control programs come with the compiler. While the first stages of programming went well, the next stage that should operate all four servos at once to a set position does not work. The speaker gets an error message stating "incorrect file path" when downloading to the micro board. Despite the download bar showing 100% completion, the servos go crazy when the robot is switched on. The speaker suspects the issue may be with the file path and asks for help in resolving the problem.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have a robot kit, the robot uses four servos to walk, controlled by a micro
control board, the basic control programs come with the compiler, the first
stages of programing, "centering the servos", went ok, but the next stage
which should operate all four servos at once to a set position, does not
work, i get an error message, "incorrect file path", when down loading to
the micro board, a down load bar shows 100% down load, but when the
bot is switched on the servos go crazy, the batteries are well charged , can
any one tell me why i get this message please.

Computer science news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I have a robot kit, the robot uses four servos to walk, controlled by a micro
control board, the basic control programs come with the compiler, the first
stages of programing, "centering the servos", went ok, but the next stage
which should operate all four servos at once to a set position, does not
work, i get an error message, "incorrect file path", when down loading to
the micro board, a down load bar shows 100% down load, but when the
bot is switched on the servos go crazy, the batteries are well charged , can
any one tell me why i get this message please.

easy.. check the file path. it could be as simple as punctuation, or spelling, or whitespace.

the compiler does not lie.

BTW, at first glance I thought you said you have a root kit

I thought "no way is anyone going to help you" :-p

It sounds like there may be an issue with the file path in your programming code. Double check to make sure the file path is correct and matches the location of the files on your micro control board. It could also be an issue with the code itself, so make sure all the syntax is correct and there are no typos. If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to the manufacturer of the robot kit or consult online forums for troubleshooting help.

1. How does a robot use four servos to walk?

A robot uses four servos to walk by controlling the movement of each servo to create a walking motion. The servos work together to move the robot's legs in a coordinated manner, allowing it to take steps and move forward.

2. What are servos and how do they work?

Servos are small motors that are used to control the movement of a robot's limbs. They work by receiving signals from a control system, which tells them how much to rotate and in which direction.

3. Can a robot walk with less than four servos?

Yes, a robot can walk with less than four servos, but it may not be as stable or efficient. Four servos are commonly used because they allow for more precise control and a wider range of movement.

4. How is the walking motion programmed into the robot?

The walking motion is programmed into the robot by using a combination of software and hardware. The software is used to create a sequence of movements for the servos, while the hardware translates those movements into physical motion.

5. What are some challenges that arise when using four servos for walking?

Some challenges that may arise when using four servos for walking include maintaining balance and stability, coordinating the movements of each servo, and accurately programming the walking motion. These challenges can be overcome with careful design and programming.