Register to reply

Contribution of Distrance and Speed on Time Taken

by harrycool
Tags: contribution, distrance, speed, time
Share this thread:
harrycool
Aug1-14, 06:14 PM
P: 1
In Scenario 1. I travel 1000 KMs @ 100 KM/Hr. I reach my destination in 10 Hours.
In Scenario 2. I travel 600 KMs @ 80 KM/Hr. I reach my destination in 7.5 Hours.

How much time do I save due to reduction in distance and how much time is wasted due to reduction in speed?

If I do not change the speed but only change distance (600 KM, 100 KM/Hr), I get 4 hours saved. If I do not change the distance but only the speed (1000KM, 80 KM/Hr), I get 2.5 hours extra. -4 + 2.5 = -1.5. However, in total, I have saved 2.5 hours. So how do I find the contribution of distance and speed in my overall time savings?
Phys.Org News Partner Mathematics news on Phys.org
Math journal puts Rauzy fractcal image on the cover
Heat distributions help researchers to understand curved space
Professor quantifies how 'one thing leads to another'
Simon Bridge
Aug2-14, 12:07 AM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 13,067
Welcome to PF;
So how do I find the contribution of distance and speed in my overall time savings?
afaik, there is no standard way to compare them. Fortunately, the question does not ask you to.

Register to reply