So many people come on to this site

• Thread starter rhuthwaite
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the creepy aspect of people visiting a message board without saying anything, specifically the fear of spiders and the presence of guests who may be reading or researching old threads without joining in on the discussion.
rhuthwaite
Does anyone find it creepy that so many people come on to this site and don't say anything?! It scares the **** out of me. :uhh:

Physics news on Phys.org
In particular the slurpy arachnoids.

Have you ever been the only person visiting a message board at a particular moment? No guests, no anonymous/hidden members. That was creepy for the first couple of times.

Rach3 said:
Spiders are creepy...
There are a lot of those here but i prefer that species to the kind that crawled up my neck in the middle of the night...I kept telling myself that it is just my hair moving...it couldn't possibly be a spider...
It was a huge rubbery brown spider! I have not been able to sleep right since.:grumpy:

Eww yuk that is disgusting! I don't think I am going to be able to sleep now

You see at the moment it is creepy 10 members and 49 guests no one talking. What do the guests do?

rhuthwaite said:
You see at the moment it is creepy 10 members and 49 guests no one talking. What do the guests do?
They could be reading. I don't think you can make a post until you register. That may be why all the guests are so quiet.

How can they read and not want to join in? What a waste of time

rhuthwaite said:
How can they read and not want to join in? What a waste of time
I think a lot are researching things in old threads. Every once in a while I get a PM from someone whose joined just to ask for more info about something I mentioned in a thread way back.

What is the purpose of this site?

The purpose of this site is to provide a platform for people to connect and communicate with others from all around the world. It allows for the sharing of ideas, opinions, and experiences, as well as the opportunity to learn from and engage with a diverse community of individuals.

How many people use this site?

The exact number of people who use this site is constantly changing, but it has a large and active user base. On average, there are millions of active users on the site at any given time.

Is this site safe to use?

Yes, this site takes various measures to ensure the safety and security of its users. It has a strict privacy policy and community guidelines in place to protect users from harassment and inappropriate content. However, it is always important to use caution when sharing personal information online.

Can I use this site for professional purposes?

While this site is primarily used for social purposes, it can also be used for professional networking and promoting businesses or services. However, it is important to adhere to the site's guidelines and use it appropriately for professional purposes.

How can I find people with similar interests on this site?

This site offers various features to help users connect with others who share similar interests. You can join groups, participate in forums, or use the search function to find and connect with like-minded individuals. Additionally, interacting with others on the site and sharing your own interests can help you attract and connect with people who share your passions.