My very short story on this month's farmhouse online magazine

• Thread starter moe darklight
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Short
In summary: I liked the farms and small towns in the area, it's really different from the city.In summary, the author saw farmhouse magazine online and submitted a story. They accepted it, which is cool.
moe darklight
I saw farmhouse magazine on chuck phallahnuik's (no clue how his name is spelled; dude who wrote fight club) website and figured I'd submit a story. They accepted it which is pretty cool :smile:
My story's "white clouds," is very short, I hope you like it if you read it but if you don't that's ok too :biggrin:

:frown: I won't be able to go on PF a lot this month, I'm at school in NY. I'll probably get PF withdrawal symptoms :biggrin:

man, this city is HUGE.

O, almost forgot http://farmhousemagazine.com/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Congratulations!

I actually liked it!

White Clouds - http://farmhousemagazine.com/13Fgr.html [Broken]

Interesting. Keep up the good work.

Can't wait to see the first film.

If come upriver from NYC - stop in.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good writing. To me, it was a bit of a tease. (I mean that in a good way.) I kept wondering, what is he planning? What is he about to do?

I did like it a lot, but I confess to not understanding the last few sentences.

Last edited:
That was very nice, I enjoyed it.

thanks guys, I'm glad you like it! :smile: I always value your opinions, which is why I thought i'd share it.

Astronuc said:
If come upriver from NYC - stop in.

I'm around the brooklin/manhattan area. I'm coming back for the whole year course later on this year and I'll have more time to wander around, are you in this areaa?

aagh this tiny keyboard is really hard on my big clumsy hands :grumpy:

I'm halfway between Albany/Troy and NYC.

One place nearby - http://www.sproutcreekfarm.org/

I just bought a great goat-cow Camembert and great Edam from Sprout Creek. We have a lot of local farmer's markets, especially on Fridays and Saturdays. One can buy fresh bread from that morning, cheese and sausage which are properly aged, and some nice red or white wines from the Hudson Valley area. It's a nice way to enjoy a Friday afternoon or lunch on Saturday.

These folks have some nice wines - http://www.whitecliffwine.com/ - and there are two dozen wineries in the region.

Last edited:
that's neat, I was amazed to find how, in less than an hour's drive from NY city everything is so... green. on the drive to NY some places were like a jungle even though we were so close to the city.

What inspired you to write this short story?

I have always been fascinated by the charm of farmhouse living and the sense of community it brings. When I saw the call for submissions for this month's farmhouse online magazine, I knew I had to write a story that captured the essence of this lifestyle.

Is this short story based on personal experience?

While the setting and some details may have been inspired by personal experiences, the characters and events in this story are purely fictional. However, I did draw from my observations and interactions with people who live in farmhouses to make the story feel more authentic.

What message or theme were you trying to convey through this story?

The main theme of this story is the importance of community and connection in a rural setting. Through the interactions between the characters, I wanted to showcase the sense of belonging and support that can be found in a farmhouse community.

How did you develop the plot for this short story?

I started by brainstorming ideas and jotting down key elements that I wanted to include in the story. From there, I created a basic outline and began fleshing out the plot and characters. It was a process of trial and error, but eventually, the story took shape and evolved into what it is now.

What do you hope readers take away from reading this story?

I hope readers will be able to experience the warmth and charm of farmhouse living through this story. I also hope it serves as a reminder of the importance of community and finding joy in the simple things in life.