Creating Gradation Charts with Software

In summary, the conversation is about finding a software package that can create gradation charts, with Excel and Sigma Plot being mentioned as possible options. The speaker also suggests using a website for creating logarithmic graph paper and mentions that Excel and pSpice can also be used for electrical purposes. It is clarified that the graph is needed for aggregates' gradation curves and an electronic form is desired. The person recommends using Excel for this purpose.
Pyrrhus
Homework Helper
Hey guys, does anyone uses or knows about a software package that allows me to do gradation charts? (a gradation chart is a simple graphic where the x-axis is in logarithmic scale and the y-axis is in natural scale)

Engineering news on Phys.org
excel allows it, and I think sigma plot does too. That all I ever use.

It is pretty easy to do in Excel. Just one question...are you looking for just the graph paper itself to do hand charts with or do you want an electronic form of the chart? If you want to make a graph paper template, you need to put a dummy series of data into enable the scaling, etc...of the grid lines and divisions. You can simply make the data points match the color of your background and they don't show up.

If you want to do just print your own semi-log graph and graph by hand, here's a good website I found:

http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/logarithmic/

If you want a program that graph's for you, I use Excell or pSpice, but that's really for electrical stuff. What do you need it for?

Well the graph is for aggregates' gradation curves. I guess i should have been more explicit, i want a electronic form of the graph.

I would have to say Excell is good for those curves.

1. How do I create a gradation chart with software?

To create a gradation chart with software, you will need to use a program that has graphing capabilities. Some popular options include Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or Adobe Illustrator. First, input your data into the software and select the type of chart you want to create. Then, customize the chart by adjusting the colors, labels, and axes as needed. Finally, save the chart as an image or PDF file.

2. What is a gradation chart used for?

A gradation chart is used to visually represent the gradual change or progression of data over a period of time or between different categories. It can be helpful in identifying patterns, trends, and relationships within the data.

3. Can I customize the colors on a gradation chart?

Yes, most software programs allow you to customize the colors on a gradation chart. This can be helpful in creating a visually appealing chart or in differentiating between different data sets.

4. How do I choose the appropriate type of gradation chart for my data?

The type of gradation chart you choose will depend on the type of data you are representing and the story you want to tell with the data. For example, a line chart is useful for showing trends over time, while a bar chart is better for comparing data between categories. Experiment with different chart types to see which best represents your data.

5. Can I add labels and annotations to my gradation chart?

Yes, you can add labels and annotations to your gradation chart to provide additional information and context for the data. This can include titles, axis labels, data labels, and annotations for specific data points. These features can help to make your chart more informative and easier to understand.