Create tangent to a 2D spline curve in Pro/E

In summary, to create a line tangent to a spline curve with multiple points in 2D using pro/engineer wildfire2, you can access the tangency constraint in the sketcher menu, located as the 6th icon from the bottom. However, some users have reported difficulty in detecting the spline with this constraint and have been unable to create a point located on the spline. It may be helpful to explore other methods to achieve this, such as using a circle tangent to the spline.
sunmath
How can I create a line tangent to a spline curve interpolated with several points in 2D in pro/engineer wildfire2.

Engineering news on Phys.org
place a tangent constraint, it must be there in the some menu

There is a constraints box in the sketcher menu. In that box is a tangency constraint.
The icon for the constraints is the 6th from the bottom.

http://www.engin.brown.edu/courses/en174/Start_ProE_files/image025.gif

http://proe-wf.blogspot.com/2008/08/constraints-sketcher.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I already tried that.

In pro/e with tangent constraint, the spline is not getting detected. My requirement is to create a circle tangent to a spline.
Even I am not able to create a point located over the spline curve.
Is there any other way to do it.

-sunmath.

1. How do I create a tangent to a 2D spline curve in Pro/E?

To create a tangent to a 2D spline curve in Pro/E, you will need to use the "Tangent" tool under the "Sketch" menu. This tool allows you to specify a point on the spline curve and the direction of the tangent at that point. You can then use this tangent as a reference to create other geometry or features.

2. Can I create multiple tangents to a 2D spline curve?

Yes, you can create multiple tangents to a 2D spline curve in Pro/E. Simply use the "Tangent" tool for each desired tangent, and specify a different point on the spline curve and direction for each one.

3. What if I need to adjust the position of the tangent after creating it?

If you need to adjust the position of a tangent after creating it, you can use the "Edit Definition" tool under the "Sketch" menu. This tool allows you to modify the point and direction of the tangent, as well as its length and curvature.

4. Can I create a tangent to a specific point on the spline curve?

Yes, you can create a tangent to a specific point on a 2D spline curve in Pro/E. When using the "Tangent" tool, simply click on the desired point on the spline curve to specify it as the tangent point.

5. Is it possible to create a tangent to a 2D spline curve at a specific angle?

Yes, it is possible to create a tangent to a 2D spline curve at a specific angle in Pro/E. To do this, you will need to use the "Tangent" tool and then use the "Angle" option to specify the desired angle for the tangent. Keep in mind that the angle will be measured from the tangent point in the direction of the tangent line.