How Can You Use Only Four Zeros to Obtain the Number 24?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematical
In summary, you can use the mathematical operation of multiplication and addition to obtain the number 24 by using four zeros. It is also possible to use other mathematical operations such as division, subtraction, and exponentiation to get different numbers. Parentheses can also be used to change the order of operations. There are no official tricks or shortcuts to solve this problem, but practicing and understanding different mathematical operations can aid in finding creative solutions.
Using “Only Four” ZEROS (0) and any Mathematical Operations/Symbols, to obtain the number 24.

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
(0! + 0! + 0! + 0!)0! = 24

Wait sry, typo...

(0! + 0! + 0! + 0!)! =24

christ, i got to think of some harder questions, lol, good work matt. I'll have another hopefully harder question later today.

1. How can I use just four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols to get the number 24?

The answer is to use the mathematical operation of multiplication. By using four zeros and multiplying them together, you can get the number 0. Then, use the mathematical operation of addition and add 24 to 0, resulting in the number 24.

2. Is it possible to use only four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols to get numbers other than 24?

Yes, it is possible to use four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols to get other numbers. For example, by using the mathematical operation of division, you can get the number 0.25 by dividing 24 by 96. Additionally, you can use other mathematical operations such as subtraction and exponentiation to obtain different numbers.

3. Can I use parentheses in addition to four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols?

Yes, you can use parentheses in addition to four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols. Parentheses can help to group operations and change the order of operations, allowing you to obtain different numbers using the same four zeros.

4. Can I use any other numbers in addition to four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols?

No, the challenge is to use only four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols to obtain the number 24. Using any other numbers would defeat the purpose of the challenge.

5. Are there any tricks or shortcuts to solve this problem?

There are no official tricks or shortcuts to solve this problem. However, practicing and familiarizing yourself with different mathematical operations and their properties can help you to come up with creative solutions to obtain the number 24 using four zeros and mathematical operations/symbols.