Transparent Liquid Piezoelectric Material?

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a piezoelectric material that is both liquid and transparent with a lower refractive index. The person asking for help was looking for a database that could compare these values, but had difficulty finding one through Google. The response mentioned that piezoelectricity is a property of the lattice and involves stress, strains, and other properties not found in fluids, but polymers may also exhibit this effect. A link was provided for further information.
clalburn1420
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a piezoelectric material that is both liquid and is transparent/colorless/ lower refractive index?
Is there database online where I could compare these values? Google has not been kind to me:(
Any help would be so appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
piezoelectricity is a property of the lattice. in particular, it depends on symmetry properties of the unit cell. this is evident from the formula for piezoelectricity which involves stress, strains and other properties not seen in fluids.

polymers may also exhibit this effect but they are still solids.

clalburn1420 said:
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a piezoelectric material that is both liquid and is transparent/colorless/ lower refractive index?
Is there database online where I could compare these values? Google has not been kind to me:(
Any help would be so appreciated.

Hi, by chance just a bit earlier today I found the following information that may give you some idea: http://www.kth.se/fakulteter/_TFY/kmf/lcd/lcd~1.htm

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a transparent liquid piezoelectric material?

A transparent liquid piezoelectric material is a type of material that can generate an electric charge when subjected to mechanical stress, and is also transparent in its liquid state. This material is commonly used in electronic devices such as touch screens and sensors.

2. How does a transparent liquid piezoelectric material work?

Transparent liquid piezoelectric materials work by utilizing the piezoelectric effect, which is the ability of certain materials to convert mechanical stress into an electric charge. In these materials, the molecules are arranged in a way that allows them to generate an electric charge when subjected to pressure or vibration.

3. What are the advantages of using transparent liquid piezoelectric materials?

There are several advantages to using transparent liquid piezoelectric materials. These materials are highly flexible, allowing them to be easily molded into different shapes and sizes. They are also transparent, making them ideal for use in devices where visibility is important. Additionally, they have a fast response time and can generate a strong electric charge, making them useful in a variety of applications.

4. What are the potential applications of transparent liquid piezoelectric materials?

Transparent liquid piezoelectric materials have a wide range of potential applications. They are commonly used in touch screens, sensors, and electronic displays. They can also be used in energy harvesting devices, where they can convert mechanical energy into electrical energy. Other potential applications include medical devices, sound and vibration control, and even as a power source for wearable electronics.

5. Are there any limitations to using transparent liquid piezoelectric materials?

While transparent liquid piezoelectric materials have many advantages, there are also some limitations to consider. These materials are typically more expensive to produce compared to traditional materials, and they may also be more fragile and prone to damage. Additionally, the electric charge generated by these materials may decrease over time, making them less reliable in long-term use.