Free Math Authoring Tool - INFTY Project

• Thread starter Ronnin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, a free math authoring tool is a software program specifically designed for creating mathematical content. The INFTY Project is a collaborative effort to develop a free and open-source math authoring tool, funded by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science and supported by volunteer developers and users. The Free Math Authoring Tool - INFTY Project includes compatibility with different document types, automatic formatting, a user-friendly interface, and support for various mathematical symbols and functions. It is suitable for all levels of math proficiency and can be a valuable resource for students, teachers, and researchers.
Ronnin
I just stumbled upon this program I thought was really neat. It's a math authoring tool which will actually let you handwrite your mathmatical expressions and convert them to pretty print. It also has the ability to export that to latex. I have tinkered with it quite a bit and thought it was great for the price, FREE!

http://www.inftyproject.org/en/index.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Meh. Inconvenient without a Watcom, quite an expensive piece of hardware just for the use of a freeware. The reading software is far more interesting.

I am always looking for tools that can streamline and enhance my work. The INFTY Project's free math authoring tool seems like a valuable resource for anyone working with mathematical expressions. The ability to handwrite expressions and convert them to a visually appealing format, as well as export to LaTeX, is incredibly useful. I will definitely be exploring this tool further and incorporating it into my research and writing process. Thank you for sharing this resource!

1. What is a free math authoring tool?

A free math authoring tool is a software program that allows users to create and edit mathematical equations, formulas, and graphs. It is specifically designed for creating mathematical content, and it often includes features such as automatic formatting, equation libraries, and compatibility with various document types.

2. What is the INFTY Project?

The INFTY Project is a collaborative effort to develop a free and open-source math authoring tool. It stands for "Innovative Numerical Formula Type Yielder" and was launched in 2007 by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.

3. How is the INFTY Project funded?

The INFTY Project is funded by the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, as well as by contributions from various universities and organizations. It is also supported by a large community of volunteer developers and users who contribute their time and expertise to improving the tool.

4. What are the main features of the Free Math Authoring Tool - INFTY Project?

The main features of the Free Math Authoring Tool - INFTY Project include compatibility with different document types, automatic formatting, a user-friendly interface, support for various mathematical symbols and functions, and the ability to collaborate and share content with others.

5. Is the Free Math Authoring Tool - INFTY Project suitable for all levels of math proficiency?

Yes, the Free Math Authoring Tool - INFTY Project is designed to be user-friendly and accessible for all levels of math proficiency. It includes a variety of features and tools that can be helpful for both beginners and advanced users, making it a valuable resource for students, teachers, and researchers alike.