Who knows how male and female orgasms differ?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, both men and women experience rhythmic contractions of reproductive structures during orgasm. The female orgasm typically lasts longer than the male orgasm, but the male orgasm has two phases. The first phase is emission, in which the glands and ducts of the prostate and vas deferens contract, and the second phase is expulsion, in which the penis itself contracts.
Loren Booda
Pillow talk says this may be conjectured, but not completely known. 'Tis better to give and receive.

Biology news on Phys.org
Men ejaculate (not to say that women can't, but they rarely do). Also, female orgasms last longer, for the most part.

I was thinking rather of the sensation, which would include duration.

Describe the sensations you feel when you orgasm, I'll describe the sensations I feel, and we can compare.

More seriously, though, both sexes undergo rhythmic contractions of reproductive structures. In the female orgasm, the uterus and outer third of the vagina contract, but the inner two-thirds do not. Although the female orgasm typically last longer, it only has one phase, whereas the male orgasm has two. The first phase is emission, in which the glands and ducts of the prostate and vas deferens contract, pushing semen into the urethra. The second phase is expulsion, in which the penis itself contracts, pushing semen out of the urethra.

Last edited:
women don't have refractory periods, men do, so women can have multiple orgasms, one after the other... with the right partner or tool. :wink:

http://www.indiadiets.com/sex_guide/his_sexual_response/Male%20Sexual%20Response%20Refractory%20Phase.htm

As far as I know, it is at least possible for men to have multiple orgasms (and there is anecdotal evidence that it happens every now and then). What is not possible are multiple ejaculations without a refractory period.

The next best thing to simultaneous orgasms (which are unfamiliar to me) would be the dedication to climax one's partner with physically, emotionally and spiritually intimate empathy. That is, strive to learn what raises the other's passion through one's heart. This sharing is not only stimulating, but eventually emulates one's own stages of orgasm.

I have often wondered if the heartbeat affects significantly the rhythm of orgasm through its pulse.

Simultaneous orgasms really aren't that difficult to achieve. If the woman can't orgasm from intercourse alone, try a position (either from behind, or with the man standing and the woman lying down) in which the woman can masturbate. Then it is simply up to the man to work himself up and hold off until the woman is ready. Going over calculus formulas in my head works for me.

1. What are the physical differences between male and female orgasms?

Male and female orgasms have some common physical responses, such as muscle contractions and increased heart rate. However, female orgasms may involve longer and more intense contractions of the pelvic floor muscles, while male orgasms usually involve ejaculation.

2. Do male and female orgasms feel the same?

It is difficult to determine if male and female orgasms feel the same, as it is a subjective experience. However, some research suggests that the intensity and duration of orgasms may differ between males and females.

3. Can males and females experience multiple orgasms?

Both males and females have the potential to experience multiple orgasms, but it is more common for females. This is due to the refractory period, which is the time it takes for the body to recover and reach orgasm again. Females have a shorter refractory period, making it easier for them to experience multiple orgasms.

4. How do hormones play a role in male and female orgasms?

Hormones, such as testosterone and estrogen, play a role in sexual arousal and orgasm. Testosterone is associated with increased libido and can enhance the intensity of male orgasms. Estrogen can also play a role in female orgasms by increasing sensitivity and vaginal lubrication.

5. Are there any psychological differences between male and female orgasms?

Some research suggests that there may be psychological differences between male and female orgasms. For example, females may be more likely to experience emotional and psychological arousal during orgasm, while males may focus more on physical pleasure. However, this can vary greatly between individuals and is not a definitive difference between male and female orgasms.