D-I-Y sanitary wares- stain remover

• Thread starter NSK8700
  • Start date
In summary, the best DIY solution for cleaning glazed ceramic floors and sanitary hardware is a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and warm water. This solution is effective in removing hard water stains and other types of stains. It is important to wear protective gloves and ensure proper ventilation when using vinegar. After cleaning, apply a sealant or wax for added protection and rinse the floor thoroughly.
NSK8700
I am looking for a D-I-Y formulation that can be prepared by oneself,that can be used to clean glazed ceramic floors or sanitary hardware from stains from years of hard water usage deposits and other types to stains to give it a fresh look. Precise preparation (Chemical measure, proportions hence of concentrations, safety measures) & usage instructions solicited from experts who have exposure to such industry from simple Chemicals (exclude exotics) available in off-the-shelf third world market.Thanks.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
The best cleaner for glazed ceramic floors and sanitary hardware is a combination of equal parts white vinegar and warm water. Start by mopping the floor with the vinegar/water solution, and then scrub any stains with a soft bristled brush. When the floor is dry, apply a sealant or wax to help protect the surface. Make sure to always wear protective gloves when cleaning with vinegar, and open windows to allow ventilation. Be sure to rinse the floor thoroughly afterwards to remove any residue.

1. What ingredients are needed to make a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover?

The most commonly used ingredients for a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover are baking soda, white vinegar, and dish soap. You can also add in essential oils for a pleasant scent.

2. How do I make a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover?

To make a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover, mix equal parts baking soda and white vinegar in a bowl. Then add a few drops of dish soap and mix until it forms a paste. Apply the paste onto the stained area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing and rinsing with water.

3. Can a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover be used on all types of surfaces?

Yes, a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover can be used on most surfaces, including ceramic, porcelain, and even plastic. However, it is always best to test a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it does not cause any damage or discoloration.

4. How effective is a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover compared to store-bought options?

A D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover can be just as effective as store-bought options, if not more. Baking soda and white vinegar are known for their powerful cleaning properties, and dish soap helps to break down and remove stains. Plus, it is a more natural and cost-effective option.

5. Are there any precautions I should take when using a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover?

While a D-I-Y sanitary wares stain remover is generally safe to use, it is always best to wear gloves and work in a well-ventilated area. Also, avoid mixing it with other cleaning products, as it could cause a chemical reaction. Lastly, make sure to properly label and store the leftover mixture for future use.