Fundamentals of Engineering Exam question (EIT)?

In summary, the FE exam is recognized nationally, but it is important to check with the state engineering licensing board to ensure that your record is pulled. There may be an expiration date on the exam, so it is important to confirm this with the board. Even if you passed the exam 4 years ago and did not immediately go to grad school, it should still be recognized.
Pooty
So before I graduated with my BS in Civil Engineering I took the FE exam in Arizona and passed it. I then went out of state for my Masters in Civil Engineering. I am getting close to graduating and am looking to get a job. Do I need to retake the FE exam if I work outside of Arizona? Basically, is the exam recognized on the state level or the national level? Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The exam is recognized nationally, but you will need to contact the state engineering licensing board to make sure they pull your record.

Thank you. I will be sure to do so. Do you know if there is an expiration date on that? I passed the exam 4 years ago. I didn't go back to grad school immediately. Would they still recognize this 4 years later?

1. What is the purpose of the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT)?

The Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, also known as the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Exam, is a standardized test that measures the knowledge and understanding of engineering fundamentals. It is the first step towards becoming a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and is required by most state licensing boards.

2. Who is eligible to take the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT)?

Typically, individuals who have completed or are in their final year of an ABET-accredited engineering program, or have an equivalent degree from a foreign institution, are eligible to take the EIT Exam. Some state licensing boards may have additional requirements, so it is important to check with your specific board for eligibility criteria.

3. What topics are covered in the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT)?

The EIT Exam covers a wide range of topics, including mathematics, chemistry, physics, engineering mechanics, materials science, thermodynamics, and electricity and magnetism. It also includes questions on engineering design, ethics, and professional practice.

4. How is the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT) scored?

The EIT Exam is a computer-based test and is scored on a pass/fail basis. Each state licensing board sets its own passing score, which is usually around 70%. The exam consists of 110 multiple-choice questions, and test-takers have 6 hours to complete it. Results are typically available within 7-10 days after the exam.

5. How can I prepare for the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam (EIT)?

There are various resources available to help you prepare for the EIT Exam, including review courses, study guides, and practice exams. It is important to start studying early and to familiarize yourself with the exam format and content. It is also helpful to review your engineering coursework and to work through practice problems to identify areas of weakness. Additionally, time management and test-taking strategies can also be beneficial in ensuring success on the exam.