Help me find the resistivity of pure carbon

In summary, Resistivity is a measure of a material's ability to resist the flow of electric current and is typically measured in ohm-meters (Ω⋅m). Determining the resistivity of pure carbon can provide valuable information about its electrical properties and potential applications. It can be measured by applying a known voltage and using Ohm's law (R = V/I). Factors such as temperature, impurities, and structure can affect the resistivity of pure carbon. While there are no standard values, the resistivity of graphite, a common form of pure carbon, is typically around 10-5 Ω⋅m.
*^*^*^G^*^*^*
:cry: Does anyone know the resistivity of pure carbon??I’m doing a coursework n am stuck :cry: ..please help…loadsa lovin,G :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
Graphite or Diamond?

1. What is resistivity?

Resistivity is a measure of a material's ability to resist the flow of electric current. It is the inverse of electrical conductivity and is typically measured in ohm-meters (Ω⋅m).

2. Why is it important to determine the resistivity of pure carbon?

Determining the resistivity of pure carbon can provide valuable information about its electrical properties and potential applications in electronics and other industries.

3. How is the resistivity of pure carbon measured?

The resistivity of pure carbon can be measured by applying a known voltage across a sample of the material and measuring the resulting current. The resistivity can then be calculated using Ohm's law (R = V/I).

4. What factors can affect the resistivity of pure carbon?

The resistivity of pure carbon can be affected by factors such as temperature, impurities, and the structure of the material. High temperatures can increase resistivity, while impurities and defects can decrease it.

5. Are there any standard values for the resistivity of pure carbon?

There are no standard values for the resistivity of pure carbon, as it can vary depending on the specific type and form of carbon being measured. However, the resistivity of graphite, a common form of pure carbon, is typically around 10-5 Ω⋅m.