Theory of Extended Particles

In summary, there is a theory proposed by Iranian physicist Mahmoud Hessaaby called the "Theory of Extended Particles" that has recently gained attention. Although it has not been widely published, a copy of the paper was found and raises questions about the validity of the theory. Some argue that the proposed factor is not consistent with measured masses, while others suggest that corrections can be made to reduce uncertainty. However, there are also concerns about potential errors and coincidences in the calculations. Overall, the current status of the theory remains unclear and controversial.
ShayanJ
Insights Author
Gold Member
There was an Iranian physicist,Mahmoud Hessaaby
As an Iranian,I know him and am familiar with his works
He had a theory called "Theory of Extended Particles"
Now I don't want to make it a matter of nationality
I myself could find maybe just one little page about it on internet and I gained little information from that,So I thought it should be wrong somehow and maybe that's because not much sign can be found about it(it was still strange)
But today,I found the paper here and after reading it,I understood its not that much wrong and even may prove useful.
And its written that professor hessaby, for unclear reasons,didn't publish the theory and that's because there is no sign of it.And now,some one has found one of the few copies of the paper and published it there(in fact in 2011)

I want to know,any one knows about that theory?Does it have supporters?People who work on it?And any other idea.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Electron mass: 0.510998928 ± 0.000000011 MeV
Muon mass: 105.6583715 ± 0.0000035 MeV
The proposed factor is an exact result of the theory, and the deviation of ~0.5% is way too large to be consistent with the uncertainties of the measured masses.
I did not check the calculation, but the theory, as posted there, is wrong.

In addition, there are so many substitutions, expansions and so on that errors might be common. Calculating some ratios and finding baryons and mesons nearby afterwards is problematic, too. There are many known particles, the chance that one of them is nearby is good. See http://pdglive.lbl.gov/listing.brl?fsizein=1&group=MXXX005 , for example - and those are just mesons without strangeness or heavier quarks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mfb said:
Electron mass: 0.510998928 ± 0.000000011 MeV
Muon mass: 105.6583715 ± 0.0000035 MeV
The proposed factor is an exact result of the theory, and the deviation of ~0.5% is way too large to be consistent with the uncertainties of the measured masses.
I did not check the calculation, but the theory, as posted there, is wrong.

Any theory evolves as time passes and doesn't remain in the form as proposed first.
So it can be about this theory.
One may make corrections to it to reduce the uncertainty.
mfb said:
In addition, there are so many substitutions, expansions and so on that errors might be common. Calculating some ratios and finding baryons and mesons nearby afterwards is problematic, too. There are many known particles, the chance that one of them is nearby is good. See http://pdglive.lbl.gov/listing.brl?fsizein=1&group=MXXX005 , for example - and those are just mesons without strangeness or heavier quarks.
Yes,you're right.The theory may have found those masses by chance.
But the point is,it may not.

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not discuss unpublished theories here.

What is the Theory of Extended Particles?

The Theory of Extended Particles is a scientific theory that proposes that particles, such as electrons and quarks, have a finite size and are not point-like objects.

What evidence supports the Theory of Extended Particles?

One of the main pieces of evidence for the Theory of Extended Particles is the measurement of electron scattering in high-energy experiments, which have shown that electrons have a non-zero size.

How does the Theory of Extended Particles differ from the Standard Model of Particle Physics?

The Standard Model of Particle Physics assumes that particles are point-like objects, while the Theory of Extended Particles suggests that they have a finite size. This has implications for the mathematical equations used to describe particle interactions.

What is the significance of the Theory of Extended Particles in understanding the universe?

The Theory of Extended Particles can help us better understand the fundamental building blocks of the universe and how they interact with each other. It also has implications for theories of gravity and the structure of space-time.

Are there any experiments currently being conducted to test the Theory of Extended Particles?

Yes, there are several experiments, such as the Large Hadron Collider, that are designed to test the predictions of the Theory of Extended Particles and gather more evidence for its validity.