What Lies Beyond the Infinite Universe: Exploring Expansion and Infinity

• Thread starter PhysicsHigh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Infinite
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of the end of the universe and its expansion. It is explained that there is no true end to the universe and that one cannot catch up to it. The idea of the observable universe is also mentioned, with the understanding that if one were to reach the edge, they would still see the same things as they do from Earth. The concept of multiple dimensions and the idea that the other side of the universe is the past is also brought up. Finally, a video is suggested for a visual explanation of these concepts.
PhysicsHigh
Let's say we caught up to the end of the universe and we're keeping up with its expansion. What's on the other side? And is the other side infinite? Will the universe have to stop expanding if its not infinite on the other side

Space news on Phys.org
PhysicsHigh said:
Let's say we caught up to the end of the universe and we're keeping up with its expansion. What's on the other side? And is the other side infinite? Will the universe have to stop expanding if its not infinite on the other side
There is no end of the universe. You cannot catch up with it.

PhysicsHigh said:

I assume you're speaking of the observable universe. In this case if you get to the edge you will neccesarily be 'keeping up with expansion' relative to your starting position.

What wil you see though? In my non-scientific understanding of things you will see exactly the same sort of things that you would see in space from here. The observable universe will be a new bubble and Earth will be just on the outer edges of it. (assuming you traveled there instantly)

I think I understand the bubble thing. Its the whole different levels of multiple dimensions. I mean I remember reading about how there are different bubbles filled with galaxies or a universe
But besides that I get it what your saying thanks

PhysicsHigh said:
I think I understand the bubble thing. Its the whole different levels of multiple dimensions. I mean I remember reading about how there are different bubbles filled with galaxies or a universe
But besides that I get it what your saying thanks

Ah, when I used the term 'bubble' I specifically meant a new 'sphere' of observable universe. Everything will appear the same as it does here and you will be able to see roughly the same distance away as you can from here. It's still part of our universe, and the observable parts would overlap a bit.

It's slightly confusing in words. Maybe someone has a diagram of what I'm talking about. :tongue:

We already are at the temporal edge of the universe. The other 'side' of the universe is the past. We are surrounded by the past and cannot 'see' the future of the universe.

This video is a brief explanation of the 4th dimension. According to M-theory our universe has 11 dimensions. time is also a dimension. As chronos said the edge of the universe is temporal and the "other side" is the past.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is "Otherside infinite"?

"Otherside infinite" is a concept in theoretical physics that proposes the existence of multiple universes, each with its own set of physical laws and properties. It suggests that our universe is just one of many possible universes, and that there may be infinite parallel universes existing simultaneously.

How is "Otherside infinite" different from the multiverse theory?

The multiverse theory also proposes the existence of multiple universes, but it typically assumes that these universes are separate and do not interact with each other. However, "Otherside infinite" suggests that these universes are connected in some way and may even influence each other.

Is there any evidence for the existence of "Otherside infinite"?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the existence of "Otherside infinite" or parallel universes. However, some theories in physics, such as quantum mechanics and string theory, suggest the possibility of multiple universes. Additionally, some scientists are exploring ways to test and potentially prove the existence of parallel universes.

What are the implications of "Otherside infinite"?

If "Otherside infinite" is proven to be true, it would fundamentally change our understanding of the universe and our place in it. It could also have significant implications for fields such as cosmology, philosophy, and even religion.

Can humans ever travel to "Otherside infinite" universes?

Currently, there is no known way for humans to physically travel to other universes, as they are separated by vast distances and may exist in different dimensions. However, some scientists have proposed theoretical concepts, such as wormholes, that could potentially allow for inter-universal travel in the distant future.