Robotics Project Ideas | Get Help Now

In summary, the conversation involves a person seeking ideas for a robotics project for their final year project. The conversation suggests combining a camera with arms for assembly and disassembly, participating in a fire-fighting or soccer competition, implementing a chaotic exploration behavior, or creating an animatronic dog and kid.
hisham.i
Am thinkin about a robotics project for my final year project, can you help me in some ideas about some projects in this domain?

Engineering news on Phys.org
hisham.i said:
Am thinkin about a robotics project for my final year project, can you help me in some ideas about some projects in this domain?

Maybe combine a camera with a couple of arms to assemble and disassemble stuff?

Final year of what? Do you need to show competence or originality? Write a paper or just build something cool? Maybe just a simulation, they are _so_ much easier...

But I've been working with small real robot cars, so here're a few ideas.
First, the fire-fighting competition:
http://www.trincoll.edu/events/robot/
next, soccer:
http://www.robocup.org/
and last, I just remembered this paper that was probably never published that modeled a chaotic exploration behavior:
http://www.santafe.edu/media/cms_page_media/261/Meisburger_final_paper.pdf
maybe you could implement it?

heres one i thought was a cool idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That animatronic dog and kid are pretty amazing...

What are some good project ideas for robotics?

Some good project ideas for robotics include building a robotic arm, creating a self-driving car, making a robot that can clean and organize a room, designing a robot that can assist with household tasks, or developing a robot that can play a musical instrument.

How can I get help with my robotics project?

You can get help with your robotics project by reaching out to a robotics club or community, taking online courses or workshops, attending robotics conferences and events, seeking guidance from professionals in the field, or collaborating with other robotics enthusiasts.

What skills do I need to have to work on a robotics project?

Working on a robotics project requires a combination of skills such as programming, electronics, mechanics, problem-solving, and critical thinking. It is also helpful to have knowledge of mathematics and physics.

What materials do I need to build a robotics project?

The materials needed for a robotics project may vary depending on the specific project, but some common materials include microcontrollers, sensors, motors, batteries, wires, and various mechanical components such as gears and wheels. It is also important to have access to tools like a soldering iron, screwdrivers, and pliers.

How can I make my robotics project stand out?

To make your robotics project stand out, you can focus on incorporating unique features or capabilities, using advanced technologies, implementing creative designs, or addressing a specific need or problem. Additionally, thorough research, testing, and documentation can also make your project stand out to potential audiences or employers.