A couple of free books to download

In summary, Azael and Ishmael discuss the book "Fundamentals of Stellar Astrophysics" by Collins. Azael recommends downloading and perusing the book, although it may be slightly dated in some areas. Ishmael used it for their first course and found it to be a solid introduction to general astrophysics. The conversation ends with Azael considering reading the book over the summer.
Azael
I am sorry if this has been posted before. I just stumbled over this link and it got me drooling:tongue2:

http://ads.harvard.edu/books/

Does anyone know if the fundamentals of stellar astrophysics by Collins is a good book?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Azael: Collins is still a solid Introduction to General Astrophysics, although it is somewhat dated in areas. Collins updated some of the worst cases in his Online edition (2003), but there are still weak areas that can (and should) be supported by other texts or papers. I am a bit partial to it as I used it for my first course. IMHO you should download it and peruse it, as it still has some value for general intro study. Ishmael

Thanks for the link. Lots of nice books there.

Ishmael said:
Azael: Collins is still a solid Introduction to General Astrophysics, although it is somewhat dated in areas. Collins updated some of the worst cases in his Online edition (2003), but there are still weak areas that can (and should) be supported by other texts or papers. I am a bit partial to it as I used it for my first course. IMHO you should download it and peruse it, as it still has some value for general intro study. Ishmael

thanks. Maby I will give it a read now that its summer :approve:

1. What types of books are available for download?

There are a variety of books available for download, including fiction, non-fiction, textbooks, and academic articles. The specific titles available may vary depending on the website or platform you are using to download the books.

2. Are the books legal to download for free?

The legality of downloading free books may vary depending on the specific website or platform you are using. Some websites offer books that are in the public domain and can be downloaded for free, while others may offer books that are copyrighted but have been made available for free by the author or publisher.

3. Do I need to create an account to download the books?

It depends on the website or platform you are using. Some may require you to create an account in order to download books, while others may allow you to download without an account. It is always a good idea to read the terms and conditions of the website to understand their policies.

4. Can I access the books on any device?

Again, this may depend on the specific website or platform you are using. Some may offer books in multiple formats that can be accessed on various devices, while others may only offer books in a specific format that may only be compatible with certain devices.

5. Are there any limitations on how many books I can download?

The limitations on how many books you can download may vary depending on the website or platform. Some may have a limit on the number of books you can download per day or per month, while others may have no limitations at all. It is important to check the policies of the website or platform before downloading to avoid any potential issues.