Is this bird really traveling at 1200 mph?

• Thread starter Croaker
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bird
In summary, the conversation is discussing a video in which the creator claims that a bird moving quickly through the frame is traveling faster than the plane in the background. However, others point out that the bird is closer to the camera and the field of view is different. The creator has deleted an explanation and there is speculation about his intentions. The conversation ends with the consensus that the creator's theories are not worth discussing.
Croaker
Please take the time to debunk this guy's video:

He is claiming that because the bird in frame goes through the frame very quickly, that it is traveling faster than the plane in the background.

He is failing to recognize that the bird is much closer than the plane.

Another respondent, Conotoxin posted an extensive explanation pointing out that the field of view 10 feet from the camera is much smaller than the field of view 810 feet from the end of the camera (the minimum distance it could be, given the plane hit WTC2 on the 81st floor.

And then the video owner deleted the explanation.

I am not sure if the guy is just dumb, or if he is trying to manipulate unscientific people into buying into his conspiracy theories.

I have already debunked a couple of his videos, so he has blocked me.

If this community were to take an interest, then we could at least keep persistent posts on his videos pointing out how dumb they are.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Something like that I would think was common sense. Does he convince anyone of these things?...WAIT...I don't want to know the answer to that.:rolleyes:

So what exactly is his conspiracy theory? That George Bush has created some sort of Super Bird that was responsible for 9/11? I don't quite get it.

In my oppinion it goes in front of the WTC building, so it could be 10 feet away as someone said. So there really is no mystery here...

Just let him live in his own paranoid world, if he's stooping so low as to think that a fast moving bird has some significance, he's obviously beyond rational thinking. lol

For example look at his other video:

He's out to lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Millions of people saw the 2nd plane hit the WTC live on TV and he's saying it didn't happen? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The guy is just dumb and there is no point in discussing it. This is why, as a rule, we do not discuss WTC conspiracy theories.

Last edited:

1. Is it possible for a bird to travel at 1200 mph?

Yes, it is possible for a bird to travel at 1200 mph. Certain species of birds, such as the peregrine falcon, are known to reach speeds of up to 240 mph during a dive.

2. How do scientists measure the speed of a bird?

Scientists typically use radar or high-speed cameras to measure the speed of a bird. They may also track the bird's movement using GPS technology.

3. What factors affect the speed of a bird?

The speed of a bird can be affected by several factors, including its species, size, and body shape. Environmental factors such as wind speed and direction can also impact a bird's speed.

4. Are there any other animals that can travel at 1200 mph?

No, there are no other animals that can travel at 1200 mph. The peregrine falcon is the fastest animal on Earth, and it is the only known animal to reach speeds of 1200 mph.

5. Why do some birds travel at such high speeds?

Birds may travel at high speeds for various reasons, such as hunting for prey, escaping predators, or migrating long distances. Their ability to travel at high speeds is often an adaptation that helps them survive in their environment.