Quantum information (sum is 4 or 6)

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving two individuals, Alice and Bob, who each receive a random number in one of two cases. The first case involves a sum of 6, where if Bob gets a 6, Alice gets a 0, and so on. The second case involves a sum of 4, with similar rules. The individuals cannot communicate with each other and must use gates and Bell states to send 1-1 bits to a judge who will determine the case (4 or 6). The problem does not require a solution, but rather the name or search term for this type of problem.
schulzy

Homework Statement

We have two people, Alice and Bob. They get numbers random, but we have two cases.
Firs case: [tex]\sum6[/tex]
If:
Bob get 6 then Alice get 0
Bob get 5 then Alice get 1
Bob get 4 then Alice get 2
Bob get 3 then Alice get 3
Bob get 2 then Alice get 4

Second case [tex]\sum4[/tex]
If
Bob get 4 then Alice get 0
Bob get 3 then Alice get 1
Bob get 2 then Alice get 2
Bob get 1 then Alice get 3
Bob get 0 then Alice get 4

They don't know, what number do have by other and they can communicate nobody. They can use whatever gate (e.g. Hadamard, CNOT, fCNOT). Alice and Bob can just 1-1 bit sending out. A judge get these bits and he can decide, how it is a first case [tex]\left(\sum6\right)[/tex] or a second case[tex]\left(\sum4\right)[/tex] . Also we need just know, the sum was 4 or 6.
Both can use any Bell state.
I append a drawing, how it is looking out.

Homework Equations

Bell states
[tex]\left|\beta_{00}\right\rangle= \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}\left(\left|0\right\rangle\ \left|0\right\rangle\ +\left|1\right\rangle\ \left|1\right\rangle\ \right)[/tex]
[tex]\left|\beta_{01}\right\rangle= \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}\left(\left|0\right\rangle\ \left|1\right\rangle\ +\left|1\right\rangle\ \left|0\right\rangle\ \right)[/tex]
[tex]\left|\beta_{10}\right\rangle= \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}\left(\left|0\right\rangle\ \left|0\right\rangle\ -\left|1\right\rangle\ \left|1\right\rangle\ \right)[/tex]
[tex]\left|\beta_{11}\right\rangle= \frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}\left(\left|0\right\rangle\ \left|1\right\rangle\ -\left|1\right\rangle\ \left|0\right\rangle\ \right)[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

I would like to know, how can I make this problem or what name can I find this solution.

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 430
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't need a solution to this problem. I would like to know, what is the name of this type of problems or what do I search on google.

What is quantum information?

Quantum information refers to the use of quantum mechanical systems, such as particles or atoms, to store, transmit, and process information. It takes advantage of properties such as superposition and entanglement to perform tasks that would be impossible with classical systems.

How is quantum information different from classical information?

Classical information is based on binary bits, which can only exist in a state of 0 or 1. Quantum information uses quantum bits, or qubits, which can exist in a state of 0, 1, or both simultaneously. This allows for much more information to be processed and transmitted in a shorter amount of time.

What is the significance of quantum information?

Quantum information has the potential to revolutionize the fields of computing, communication, and encryption. It can lead to faster and more powerful computers, secure communication networks, and unbreakable codes.

What are some practical applications of quantum information?

Some potential applications of quantum information include quantum computers, quantum cryptography, and quantum teleportation. It can also be used in fields such as drug discovery, climate modeling, and financial analysis.

What challenges are scientists facing in the study of quantum information?

One of the main challenges in quantum information is the fragility of quantum systems. They are easily affected by external disturbances, which can cause errors in calculations. Scientists are also working on developing more efficient methods for controlling and manipulating quantum systems.