Sketch Curves Z(t)= t^2 - 1 + i(t+4) 1<t<3

• Thread starter nesett
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Curves
In summary, the equation for Sketch Curves Z(t) is Z(t)= t^2 - 1 + i(t+4) 1<t<3. The domain is 1<t<3 and the range is all complex numbers of the form a+bi where a is between -1 and 8 and b is between 3 and 7. The shape is a parabola that opens upwards and is shifted 1 unit to the left and 4 units up on the complex plane. Sketch Curves Z(t) can be used to model various physical phenomena and in engineering and design to create smooth curves and shapes.
nesett
Z(t)= t^2 - 1 + i(t+4) for 1<t<3

Can anyone Sketch it for me I m new on the forum ... and don't know how to skecth it

Physics news on Phys.org
I take it that is in the complex plane. Taking the x-axis to be the real line and the y-axis to be the imaginary line, x= t^2- 1 and y= t+ 4. From y= t+ 4, t= y- 4. Replacing t in the x equation with that, x= (y-4)^2- 1. That's a parabola with horizontal axis. Can you graph that? Where is the vertex?

Yeap i can graph that ... is the curve that i need right ?

1. What is the equation for Sketch Curves Z(t)?

The equation for Sketch Curves Z(t) is Z(t)= t^2 - 1 + i(t+4) 1

2. What is the domain of Sketch Curves Z(t)?

The domain of Sketch Curves Z(t) is 1

3. What is the range of Sketch Curves Z(t)?

The range of Sketch Curves Z(t) is all complex numbers of the form a+bi where a is between -1 and 8 and b is between 3 and 7.

4. What is the shape of Sketch Curves Z(t)?

The shape of Sketch Curves Z(t) is a parabola that opens upwards and is shifted 1 unit to the left and 4 units up on the complex plane.

5. How can Sketch Curves Z(t) be used in real life?

Sketch Curves Z(t) can be used to model various physical phenomena, such as the motion of a projectile or the growth of a population. It can also be used in engineering and design to create smooth curves and shapes.