Calculating Torque on a Playground Merry-Go-Round

• Thread starter watwat2
  • Start date
In summary, the question asks to approximate the children as point masses on a playground merry-go-round with a diameter of 2.64 m and a mass of 350.1 kg. Two children, each with a mass of 30.0 kg, sit on opposite sides of the platform. Not much can be done with the given information.
watwat2

Homework Statement

A playground merry-go-round made in the shape of a solid disk, has a diameter of 2.64 m and a mass of 350.1 kg. Two children, each of mass 30.0 kg, sit on opposite sides at the edge of the platform. Approximate the children as point masses.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Only have a few minutes to turn this in

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to firstly say what you need to find and then show an attempt

I have no attempt at all

please help

watwat2 said:
I have no attempt at all

please help

well I really can't start to guide you without knowing what you need to calculate.

rock.freak667 said:
well I really can't start to guide you without knowing what you need to calculate.

Approximate the children as point masses.

watwat2 said:
Approximate the children as point masses.

Is that the entire question? Did you leave out anything?

Yes sir that is the exact question

Sorry I am being so bland and anxious, i only have a limited time

watwat2 said:
Yes sir that is the exact question

Sorry I am being so bland and anxious, i only have a limited time

Well AFAIK, approximating the children as point masses, means that they can just be considered as point and the dimensions of the children don't matter. Not much can be done with the question if that is all the information given.

What is the urgency behind the statement "Need help as fast as possible"?

The urgency behind this statement could vary depending on the situation. It could be due to a time-sensitive project, an emergency, or a critical issue that needs immediate attention.

What kind of help is typically needed when someone says "Need help as fast as possible"?

The type of help needed could also vary. It could be technical assistance, physical assistance, emotional support, or any type of aid that is required urgently.

Why is it important to provide help as fast as possible?

Providing help as fast as possible is crucial because it can prevent further complications, mitigate the impact of a problem, and potentially save lives. In urgent situations, every second counts.

How can someone effectively ask for help as fast as possible?

To ask for help as fast as possible, it is essential to clearly and concisely state the problem or issue and the urgency behind it. Providing specific details and requesting assistance from the right person or organization can also help expedite the process.

What can be done to ensure that help is provided as fast as possible?

To ensure that help is provided as fast as possible, it is crucial to have a plan in place for emergencies or urgent situations. This could include having contact information for relevant individuals or organizations, having necessary resources on hand, and being prepared to take quick action.