Algebraic Manipulation: Solving Complex Equations

In summary, the given equations can be manipulated to solve for RBB as a constant multiple of RE. Then, by substituting in either of the first two equations, the desired equation in VBB, Vf, and VCC can be obtained. The individual was able to solve the problem after struggling with an extra factor in their previous attempts.
Schniz2

Homework Statement

Somehow the upper two statements are manipulated to get the lower one but i can't work out how... (see attatched image)

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

Oh you don't want to see mypages of scribble. I can't get close to that expression!

Attachments

• Algebra1.jpg
    Algebra1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 344
Physics news on Phys.org
In the first two equations you have expressions that are both equal to VCC/3, so you can equate the two expressions on the left sides.

Doing that, you can solve for RBB as a constant multiple of RE.

Then, substitute in either of your first two equations to get the desired equation in VBB, Vf, and VCC.

ahh, finally got it... the last time i tried to do it that way i got and extra factor somehow and that's what was messing me up.

thanks!

What is algebraic manipulation?

Algebraic manipulation is the process of rearranging and simplifying algebraic expressions using various mathematical operations and properties.

What are the basic rules of algebraic manipulation?

The basic rules of algebraic manipulation include the commutative property, the associative property, the distributive property, and the additive and multiplicative identities.

How is algebraic manipulation used in real life?

Algebraic manipulation is used in various fields such as engineering, economics, and physics to solve mathematical problems and model real-life situations.

What are some common techniques used in algebraic manipulation?

Some common techniques used in algebraic manipulation include factoring, expanding, combining like terms, and using the order of operations.

What are some tips for improving algebraic manipulation skills?

Some tips for improving algebraic manipulation skills include practicing regularly, understanding the basic rules and properties, and using helpful resources such as textbooks and online tutorials.