Prof. Walter Lewin's best lines ;)

• Thread starter Cantstandit
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lines
In summary, the conversation is about a professor who gives impressive lectures and is skilled at freehand drawing. The participants express admiration for his techniques and mention sending him a question and receiving a reply.
Cantstandit
If you saw his lectures, you will love it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Haha, that got me. I always wonder how he did that. That's pretty epic!

You hold it at an angle and put a lot of pressure on it, this causes the chalk to jump up as it moves instead of stopping.

The dotted line technique is known, but what is really impressive is some of his freehand strokes. Freehand lines are straight, and what about that dotted line arc he made! Very impressive.

Oh of course, those lines!

He's a wonderful professor. I loved watching his lectures when I was in high school. Being stupid and believing that I understand relativity I emailed him a stupid question. He replied back :biggrin:

1. What are some of Prof. Walter Lewin's most famous lines?

One of Prof. Walter Lewin's most famous lines is, "You can't teach physics without teaching math." Another popular line is, "If you're not confused, you're not paying attention."

2. Why are Prof. Walter Lewin's lines so well-known?

Prof. Walter Lewin is a renowned physicist and former professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). His lectures, which were recorded and shared online, gained a large following due to his charismatic teaching style and use of memorable lines.

3. What makes Prof. Walter Lewin's lines effective for teaching?

Prof. Walter Lewin's lines are effective because they are concise, thought-provoking, and often humorous. They help to simplify complex physics concepts and keep students engaged and interested in the subject.

4. How can I use Prof. Walter Lewin's lines in my own teaching?

You can incorporate Prof. Walter Lewin's lines into your teaching by using them as discussion prompts, incorporating them into lectures, or using them as inspiration for your own memorable lines. Just be sure to give credit to Prof. Walter Lewin when using his quotes.

5. Are Prof. Walter Lewin's lines only applicable to physics?

No, Prof. Walter Lewin's lines can be applied to any subject or field. They emphasize the importance of critical thinking, problem-solving, and paying attention to details, which are essential skills in any academic or professional setting.