Did Arnold's Wife Refuse Sex Due to His Political Views?

• News
  • Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    politics
In summary: Arnold Schwarzenegger said his wife refused to do sex with him because of his support for Bush. True? In summary, Schwarzenegger said his wife refused to have sex with him for 14 days because of his support for Bush at the Republican Convention.
Saint
Arnold said his wife refused to do sex with him because of his support for Bush.True?

Physics news on Phys.org
For someone who wants to move to a state in the US that is 99% Christian, you seem awfully obsessed with sex, Mr. Saint. Why would the sexual allowances of one of those states governor's wife be of such interest to you?

well sometimes women have their influence! .. and this is a way to have it :)

Tsunami said:
For someone who wants to move to a state in the US that is 99% Christian, you seem awfully obsessed with sex, Mr. Saint. Why would the sexual allowances of one of those states governor's wife be of such interest to you?

just felt curious

Saint said:
Arnold said his wife refused to do sex with him because of his support for Bush.True?
Well I doubt Arnold would make up stuff like that, if he actually said it...

If so, that's really stupid... and pretty coldhearted. She's just looking for an excuse not to put out... lol

Saint, was this the original article? :wink:
Schwarzenegger Says Pro-Bush Speech Cost Him Sex

MONTEREY, Calif. (Reuters) - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Monday that his speech backing President Bush at the Republican Convention in August resulted in a dramatic cold shoulder from his wife Maria Shriver, a member of the very Democratic Kennedy family.

"Well, there was no sex for 14 days," Schwarzenegger told former White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta in an on-stage conversation in front of 1,000 people. "Everything comes with side effects."

The crowd roared with laughter, but the governor may have been serious: he has said little in public to back fellow Republican Bush since then. Panetta, a Democrat, had asked him how Shriver, whose uncle was U.S. President John F. Kennedy, had reacted to his praised but partisan prime-time convention speech.

The governor referred to Shriver several times in the 90-minute conversation.

"I don't know why I watched the presidential debates," he said. "If I want to watch a smart liberal Democrat and a Republican leader argue, all we have to do is go out to dinner. They were lucky. They only had to do it three times."

At another point he was asked about the difference between working in Hollywood following scripts and being on his own in politics. "When you're married to my wife, you're never your own boss," he quipped.

California is expected to back Democratic challenger John Kerry in the election in two weeks, and Schwarzenegger, who faces re-election in 2006, has been careful not to offend the majority Democratic voters in his state.

"I think both are doing a great job; it's very tedious to be out there campaigning a year and a half," he said at the Panetta Institute for Public Policy in Monterey south of San Francisco. "You make one mistake and you lose the presidency."

Schwarzenegger did say the one state where he might campaign for Bush outside of California was Ohio, where he owns a gym and sponsors an annual body building competition.

"I said to the president I'm perfectly willing to go to Ohio if he needs me there but I can't travel around from state to state because I'm working for the people of California," he said.

It just reinforces how bad the electoral process has gotten.

It's not really accurate to call him a Republican though. I guess you could say, compared to other Californian Politicals, he's a republican, so I guess we can let it slide.

1. Why is this a topic of interest?

This topic is of interest because it involves a well-known public figure and raises questions about the intersection of personal relationships and political beliefs.

2. Is there any evidence to support this claim?

There is no concrete evidence to support this claim, as it is based on rumors and speculation. However, Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife did separate in 2011, and Schwarzenegger's political views were known to differ from his wife's.

3. Did Arnold's wife ever publicly address this issue?

No, Arnold's wife Maria Shriver has never publicly addressed this issue. She has only stated that the separation was due to "personal issues."

4. Does this type of conflict between personal relationships and political beliefs happen often?

While it is not uncommon for individuals to have differing political beliefs within a relationship, it is difficult to say how often it leads to issues such as refusal of sex. Each relationship is unique and the reasons for conflicts can vary.

5. How does this topic relate to Arnold's career as a politician?

This topic does not directly relate to Arnold's career as a politician. However, it does bring up questions about how personal relationships and political views can affect one's public image and career. It also highlights the challenges of balancing personal and professional life in the public eye.