Gravitational control- where it doesnt exist

In summary, the conversation is about gravitational control and anti-gravity fields. The speaker is wondering if anyone has knowledge or ideas on how these concepts work and if they exist in current technology. It is mentioned that gravity does not exist between two objects with equal pull and that the net gravity is zero in this case. However, anti-gravity is considered to be strictly science fiction.
Slickchange1313
yo dudes! I am new here, and have been looking into gravitational control for a while. any of you ever heard of it, or have ideas on how it works. I heard that the only place gravity does not exist is between 2 objects with the same pull on the object, thus when all 3 objects move, the object in the middle feeling equal gravitational pull feels nothing when it moves, cause theirs no gravity there. So what can u guys tell me about anti gravitational fields, such as how they work, if they exist in some of the technology of today, and stuff like that. thanks guys! :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
I would think that its important to state that the net gravity is zero, but gravity still exists there.

thanks, forgot to say that

Sorry, "anti-gravity" is strictly sci-fi.

Slickchange1313 said:
yo dudes! I am new here, and have been looking into gravitational control for a while. any of you ever heard of it, or have ideas on how it works. I heard that the only place gravity does not exist is between 2 objects with the same pull on the object, thus when all 3 objects move, the object in the middle feeling equal gravitational pull feels nothing when it moves, cause theirs no gravity there. So what can u guys tell me about anti gravitational fields, such as how they work, if they exist in some of the technology of today, and stuff like that. thanks guys! :blushing:

The only control we have over gravity is how much mass we can pack into one area. ... so not much

1. What is gravitational control and where does it exist?

Gravitational control refers to the ability to manipulate or control the force of gravity. This force exists everywhere in the universe and cannot be completely eliminated or controlled.

2. Are there any places where gravitational control does not exist?

Gravitational control does not exist in areas with extremely strong gravitational fields, such as black holes, where the force of gravity is so strong that it cannot be controlled or manipulated.

3. Can humans ever achieve gravitational control?

Currently, humans do not have the technology or understanding to achieve gravitational control. However, some scientists are researching ways to manipulate gravitational forces through advanced technology and theoretical physics.

4. What are some potential applications of gravitational control?

If gravitational control were possible, it could have a wide range of applications, such as space travel, energy production, and even controlling natural disasters like earthquakes. However, these are still hypothetical and would require significant advancements in technology and understanding.

5. How does the concept of gravitational control relate to Einstein's theory of relativity?

Einstein's theory of relativity describes how gravity works as a curvature of space-time. This theory also suggests that gravity can be influenced by mass and energy, which could potentially lead to the idea of controlling gravity. However, this is still a theoretical concept and has not been proven or achieved.