Need help to make a powerful antenna

• Thread starter zodian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Antenna
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker wanting to make an antenna that emits powerful waves in the frequency range of 1-50 MHz for an experiment about nuclear magnetic resonance. They are unsure of how powerful the waves should be and are seeking help. They mention a solenoid but are not sure if it can emit EM waves. They clarify that their ultimate goal is to observe the NMR phenomenon and they are in need of an antenna for this purpose.
zodian
Hey,

So I want to make an antenna which emits powerful waves in the frequency range of 1-50 MHz.

Yet I don't know exactly how powerful those waves should be, but a normal solenoid is not enough... :P It should be really powerful... :D

Any help is welcome :)

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the purpose of this and what does a solenoid have to do with it?

Well... I might be wrong but I thougt that it was actually possible to emit EM waves with a solenoid; isn't that the case?

oh and yeah... I need it actually to do an experiment about nuclear magnetic resonance

zodian said:
Well... I might be wrong but I thougt that it was actually possible to emit EM waves with a solenoid; isn't that the case?

oh and yeah... I need it actually to do an experiment about nuclear magnetic resonance

So you want to make an MRI machine then? Or something similar?

well if you put it like that, yes... but I mean everything I want to do is observing the NMR phenomenon and all I need for the moment is such an antenna... so could anyone help me?

1. How do I choose the right materials for my antenna?

To make a powerful antenna, you will need to use materials that have high conductivity and low loss. This includes metals such as copper, aluminum, or silver. You can also use materials with a high dielectric constant, such as ceramic or fiberglass.

2. What tools do I need to make a powerful antenna?

To make a powerful antenna, you will need basic tools such as pliers, wire cutters, soldering iron, and a drill. You may also need specialized tools for specific antenna designs, such as a coaxial cable stripper or an antenna analyzer.

3. How do I determine the best design for my antenna?

The best design for your antenna will depend on your specific needs and the frequency you want to operate on. You can use online calculators or software programs to help you determine the optimal dimensions and shape for your antenna.

4. Can I make a powerful antenna without any previous experience?

Yes, it is possible to make a powerful antenna even without previous experience. However, it is important to do thorough research and follow instructions carefully to ensure proper construction and optimal performance.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when making a powerful antenna?

Yes, when working with materials and tools for making a powerful antenna, it is important to wear protective gear such as gloves and safety glasses. It is also important to follow all safety guidelines for using tools and working with electricity.