Error on mathlab, and I have no idea how to correct it, me out

In summary, the conversation is about an error that occurred while using Matlab for a class assignment. The error is related to the use of the mpower function and the solution was to use exp() instead of "e".
vienhuynh
error on mathlab, and I have no idea how to correct it, please help me out :(

Hello guys, I was using a class assignment using matlab, and the code is provided by the professor. All we need to do is use plug the function in and run it. But for some reason, I got this error:
? Error using ==> mpower
Inputs must be a scalar and a square matrix.

Error in ==> @(x)(e^(cos(x))+8*x^2-3-x-4)^(1/5)

Error in ==> fpi at 5
x(i+1)=g(x(i));

I don't see a problem in that, can someone point it out for me?

Physics news on Phys.org

Thank you for your reply, I found the answer. Seems like in matlab, there is no "e", have to use exp() instead.

1. What causes errors on mathlab?

Errors on mathlab can be caused by a variety of factors, including typos or syntax errors in the code, incorrect input or variable values, and compatibility issues with the mathlab software.

2. How can I identify and fix errors on mathlab?

To identify and fix errors on mathlab, you can use the debugging tools provided by the software, such as the "debug" mode or the "error-checking" feature. You can also review your code line by line to check for any mistakes or use the help function to troubleshoot specific errors.

3. Can a single error on mathlab affect the entire program?

Yes, a single error on mathlab can have a significant impact on the entire program. Even a small typo or incorrect variable value can cause the program to malfunction or produce incorrect results. Therefore, it is essential to identify and fix all errors before running the program.

4. What should I do if I am unable to correct the error on mathlab?

If you are unable to correct the error on mathlab, you can seek help from online forums or communities where other mathlab users can assist you. You can also consult a mathlab expert or your instructor for guidance and support.

5. How can I prevent errors on mathlab in the future?

To prevent errors on mathlab in the future, it is crucial to practice good coding habits, such as using meaningful variable names, commenting your code, and double-checking your input and syntax. It is also helpful to regularly test and debug your code as you write it to catch any errors early on.