I'm never going to sleep again

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sleep
In summary, the child says "Daddy, Daddy" then plays the recording backwards and it says "Please Daddy, Help!"
tribdog
Want to hear something that will give you nightmares? this is a recording of a little child saying "Daddy, Daddy" then they play it backwards and it says "Please Daddy, Help!"
nightmare

Physics news on Phys.org
Do I really want to listen to this? All right, I'll download it, but I'm not going to listen to it now because I just know it's going to creep me out. Besides, I already got Frank Sinatra playing.

I have listened to it. What is so scarry about it? He could be playing.

Polly, you're dead inside. This is the creepiest thing I have ever heard. I'm never going to sleep again.

I went over it again. If you listen carefully there is a bit of sound effect towards the end, that's what makes it (supposedly) creepy. But no I am not scared at all, though usually I am very squirmish.

It wasn't scary :/.

hmm.. i did my own reversal of the sample and yea.. there's 'help' on it alright

initial thought - the 'help' was embedded in there - but that would require sophisticated linear software and some braining.. so that's probably a no

any thought on this from people in the know?

Yea its creepy.

What about the satanic message in one of Led Zepellin's songs?

did my own reversal - the word 'satan' is there again. no joke

didn't really hear it... listened to it many times

u guys have good imaginations
wonder what u would do in a cemetary alone with fog next to the old grave under the oak tree?

did you take the sample and reverse it? as in play it backwards??

Tom McCurdy said:
wonder what u would do in a cemetary alone with fog next to the old grave under the oak tree?
cry, maybe wet myself.

Bah, tribdog has nothing to fear from the undead... he just needs to put his natural ability to start fires to good use!

Originally posted by Tom McCurdy

I wouldn't be there, what's the point when the zombies could get you at any time? Or the werewolfs they can get really nasty especially the American werewolfs, we had one of them in london a few years back. Very Nasty.

Am I going to have to be the one to chase the monsters out from under the bed too? Forward it says "Daddy Daddy" and backward it says "ee-Daddy dad." I don't hear "help me" anywhere. *sigh* I guess I won't poke tribdog and tell him to get up to check out strange noises at night, or else I'll have to fish him back out from under the bed after I finish checking it out myself.

1. Why do we need sleep?

Sleep is essential for our physical and mental well-being. During sleep, our body repairs and rejuvenates itself, and our brain consolidates memories and processes information. Lack of sleep can lead to fatigue, impaired cognitive function, and other health issues.

2. What happens if we don't sleep?

If we don't get enough sleep, our body and brain cannot function at their optimal level. Chronic sleep deprivation can lead to a weakened immune system, increased risk of chronic diseases, and mental health problems. In extreme cases, it can even result in death.

3. How much sleep do we need?

The recommended amount of sleep varies by age, with adults needing an average of 7-9 hours per night. However, individual needs may vary, and some people may function well with less sleep while others may need more. It is essential to listen to your body and prioritize getting enough sleep for your overall health.

4. Can we catch up on missed sleep?

Yes, it is possible to catch up on missed sleep, but it may take more than one night of extra sleep to fully recover. Sleeping in on weekends or taking naps can help make up for lost sleep, but it is still important to maintain a consistent sleep schedule for optimal health.

5. What can I do to improve my sleep?

There are several things you can do to improve your sleep, such as establishing a regular sleep schedule, creating a relaxing bedtime routine, avoiding caffeine and electronics before bed, and creating a comfortable sleep environment. If you are struggling with persistent sleep issues, it is best to consult a healthcare professional for personalized advice.