How to put code on MS WORD onto TI-89

• Calculators
  • Thread starter C268
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code Ti-89
In summary, the conversation is about how to use a code for interpolation on a TI-89 calculator. The code is given in MS WORD and the person is wondering how to convert it into a program that can be used on the calculator through TI Connect. It is suggested to use a compiler and drag and drop the code onto the calculator. There is also a mention of a README file in the archive that should be read.
C268
My Thermodynamics teacher gave me a code for various calculators to put into the calculator for Interpolation. I am just wondering how you put this code that is in MS WORD onto my TI-89. I have the TI-Connect software. Here is what is looks like:

This code is for the TI-89:

interpol()
Prgm
getMode("Exact/Approx")->oldmode
setMode("Exact/Approx","APPROXIMATE")
ClrIO
DelVar e
Disp "Where knowns are a,b,c,d,f"
Disp "This solves for e:"
Disp " a d"," b e"," c f"
Disp "Press ENTER to continue"
Pause
Prompt a,b,c,d,f
f-(c-b)*(d-f)/(a-c)->e
Disp "e is: ",e
setMode("Exact/Approx",oldmode)
EndPrgm

Computer science news on Phys.org
MednataMiza said:

This really didn't help me in the sense that I already have the code...I need to make it in a form where I can simply drag and drop the formula into the TI Connect Device Explorer...just like any other program. How do I convert this text on MS WORD to a "program" that the calculator can use?

Then you would need to use something like THIS.
A compiler for a desktop machine and after you are all set and wrote your code - drag & drop, baby :) TI-Connect or install from the CD/DVD you got with the calc :)

MednataMiza said:
Then you would need to use something like THIS.
A compiler for a desktop machine and after you are all set and wrote your code - drag & drop, baby :) TI-Connect or install from the CD/DVD you got with the calc :)

THanks for the response, unfortunately when i try to run it it pops up for a second and dissapears

There's a README file in the archive and you should read it.

1. How do I convert code written on MS Word to a format compatible with TI-89?

The easiest way to convert code from MS Word to a format that can be used on a TI-89 calculator is to first save the code as a text file. Then, open the text file in a text editor and make sure that the file only contains the code and no additional formatting. Finally, transfer the code to your TI-89 calculator using a USB cable or another method of transfer.

2. Can I directly copy and paste code from MS Word onto my TI-89 calculator?

No, you cannot directly copy and paste code from MS Word onto a TI-89 calculator. MS Word uses a different formatting system than TI-89 calculators, and the code will not be compatible. Follow the steps mentioned in the previous answer to convert the code to a compatible format.

3. Do I need to use a special program to transfer code from MS Word to my TI-89 calculator?

No, you do not need to use a special program to transfer code from MS Word to a TI-89 calculator. As long as you follow the steps mentioned in the first answer, you should be able to transfer the code successfully.

4. Is it possible to transfer multiple lines of code at once from MS Word to a TI-89 calculator?

Yes, it is possible to transfer multiple lines of code at once from MS Word to a TI-89 calculator. However, make sure that you do not have any additional formatting or text in the document, as this can cause errors in the transfer process.

5. Can I edit the code on my TI-89 calculator after transferring it from MS Word?

Yes, you can edit the code on your TI-89 calculator after transferring it from MS Word. However, keep in mind that the formatting may change when you transfer the edited code back to MS Word. It is recommended to save a copy of the original code in case you need to make any changes in the future.