Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Rise
In summary, Andy says that the game can't run on Windows NT, and that a patch is coming soon to correct the problem. GmanCrid suggests that the graphics card might be the problem.
Andy
Hmmmm, i have a slight problem with RON i have recently purchased the game and have as of yet not been able to get the damn thing to play, it appears to have installed onto the computer fine without any problems but when it comes to playing the game all i can do is watch the Intro and then it shuts down, a small window with gathering exception data appears and that's all, nothing happens after that.
Help! its really pissing me of now!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Re-install. Then make sure there's no new patch.

Thanks, but i hae already done this, quite a few times. I have also tried clean-booting the computer and running it that way, but no luck with that approach.

What are your computer's specs: cpu, motherboard, video card, operating system. Have you updated drivers for motherboard, video card, and checked for windows updates?

I have this game, but haven't played it yet.

Do you have the newest DirectX?

Im not entirely sure about this, i am not very good with the techanical side to computers, but i think this is as follows,

Windows 98/NT
Pentium 3 700mhz processor
Intel 810 chipset graphics driver
256mb ram
Have a 15gb hard drive with 11 gb free,

hope that helps you help me, i am still searching different websites trying to find a solution and i find one before you do then i will let you know. Thanks.

I've done an extensive search on google and come up dry. There seems to be no current solution and you'll just have to wait until they release another patch.

Thats Microsoft for you.

BASTARDS!

Microsoft that is, Thanks guys for you help.

Thanks a lot this is really helpful, after much reading of that thread it turns out that a lot of people have this problem but at different times of the game, and the games developer is supposed to be releasing a patch soon to correct this problem.

Thank you.

Andy, I don't think 'Rise of Nations' can run on Windows NT. Check to see if Windows NT is listed in system requirements for this game.

Damn, i think your mite be correct, NT isn't listed as a system requirement, but here are the ones that are, XP/2000/ME/98, 98 is listed so i should have thoght it would work on NT, but i doubt it. I can't believe i overlooked something as simple as that, will have to buy XP to play the damn game, going to be the most expensive game ever.

I'd be really surprised if the game will work on 98 and not NT. Wait for the patch. but... you should buy XP anyway, it's a lot better than NT.

Well i have got the patch and that hasnt helped so i will just have to get XP (talk my folks into getting it).

Wait a sec. who said you had to *cough* "purchase" windows xp.

Originally posted by Andy
Im not entirely sure about this, i am not very good with the techanical side to computers, but i think this is as follows,

Windows 98/NT
Pentium 3 700mhz processor
Intel 810 chipset graphics driver
256mb ram
Have a 15gb hard drive with 11 gb free,

hope that helps you help me, i am still searching different websites trying to find a solution and i find one before you do then i will let you know. Thanks.

Based on the specs you mentioned. My suspicion is the video card. On the box, it said the minimum is a 16mb 3d card.

And I found this link for your graphics card:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/sb/CS-006203-prd798.htm

Ah, well its not just XP i need then! Oh well computers are cheap enough these days and i am working full time so i might as well get a new one. Many thanks to the Pro.

Solution!solution!solution! !

HELLO! :smile:

I had found the solution for this trouble! Well, the step was in the Graphics Option Menu. I puted all the cheboxes of "process" in LOW LOW! And it`s all! It works! No more "ERROR GATHERING EXCEPTION DATA"... TRY this and you will be playing for hours!

Goodbye... i hope this will work in all the computers... bye :rofl:

GmanCrid - GmanSoft® :wink:

I am also having the problem with this game.

I have the following system

P4 2.2G Cpu
120gb Sata Hd with 38gb free
ATI all in wonder 9700
512mb
O\S WinXP SP1

any ideas?

problem exists on XP too

What does this mean? It had never occurred since i bought it.I'm getting really angry.still no patch for this damn 'problem'! I request you all guys please send an e-mail to me if any patch thing is released.

cemhaci2002@yahoo.com
thank you...

by the way, i tried to do what you said gman, but it didn't work.

Last edited:

1. What is "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data"?

"Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data" is a popular strategy video game developed by Big Huge Games and published by Microsoft Game Studios. It was released in 2003 and allows players to control a civilization and lead it through different stages of human history.

2. What sets "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data" apart from other strategy games?

One of the main features that sets "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data" apart from other strategy games is its unique gameplay mechanics. It combines elements from both turn-based and real-time strategy games, allowing players to have a more dynamic and fast-paced experience.

3. Is "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data" historically accurate?

While the game is set in different historical eras, it is not entirely historically accurate. While some aspects, such as buildings and units, are based on real historical events and cultures, the game also includes fictional elements and liberties for gameplay purposes.

4. Can "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data" be played multiplayer?

Yes, "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data" can be played both online and offline multiplayer. The game supports up to 8 players in online matches and up to 4 players in LAN matches. It also has a hotseat mode, allowing multiple players to take turns on the same computer.

5. Are there any expansions or updates for "Rise of Nations, Gathering Exception Data"?

Yes, there is an expansion pack for the game called "Thrones and Patriots," which adds new civilizations, campaigns, and gameplay features. Additionally, the game received updates and patches over the years to improve gameplay and fix any bugs or issues.