Register to reply

Help to understand LAPW

by thelayman
Tags: lapw
Share this thread:
thelayman
Sep20-13, 11:38 PM
P: 3
Is there a book that can help to understand LAPW (linearized augmeted plane wave method) method in an easy way? All books I checked are so complicated, I mean they dont explain very well, omiting steps.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Technique simplifies the creation of high-tech crystals
Working group explores the 'frustration' of spin glasses
New analysis of oxide glass structures could guide the forecasting of melt formation in planetary interiors
Douasing
Feb24-14, 09:04 AM
P: 33
The concept and key steps of LAPW could be explained by some books as far as I know,though they omits some steps indeed.Of course,this omited steps can be deduced by yourself.
You can post your problems directly,and then we may discuss them.Then,it may help you understand the idea of LAPW.In addition,the "Planewaves,Pseudopotentials and the LAPW method " is a good book,you can download it.
Douasing
Feb24-14, 09:09 AM
P: 33
Quote Quote by thelayman View Post
Is there a book that can help to understand LAPW (linearized augmeted plane wave method) method in an easy way? All books I checked are so complicated, I mean they dont explain very well, omiting steps.

The concept and key steps of LAPW could be explained by some books as far as I know,though they omits some steps indeed.Of course,this omited steps can be deduced by yourself.
You can post your problems directly,and then we may discuss them.Then,it may help you understand the idea of LAPW.In addition,the "Planewaves,Pseudopotentials and the LAPW method " is a good book,you can download it to read carefully.

Register to reply