Classical computing and quantum computing

In summary, the conversation is about the person's confusion about how to code quantum computing on their computer and their request for help in understanding it. They have some materials about quantum computing but none of them teach how to code on a computer. They are also interested in creating a Java program for a Hamilton gate.
Drimar
I have a lot of questions

Please help me bridging the gap betw classical computing and quantum computing...please..
I can do mathemtic like |0> + <1| on paper and write more computings like that.
But I don't understand how to code it in my toshiba computer ?

I have some books+materials about quatum, and all of them only say :
"Quatum will make computers next century with many circuits quantum computing is the future", then they teach gates, computings do with 0 and 1 in kets. and they also list a lot of algorithms but none them are source codes except do computings with 1 and 0 in kets.

None of them teach them to code in my computer. :=(

Can you please help me ?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Drimar said:
Can you please help me ?
A quantum computer is a piece of hardware, not software. However its workings can be simulated with software. Here is a site that might help.
http://www.qc.fraunhofer.de/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Drimar said:
I have a lot of questions

Please help me bridging the gap betw classical computing and quantum computing...please..
I can do mathemtic like |0> + <1| on paper and write more computings like that.
But I don't understand how to code it in my toshiba computer ?

I have some books+materials about quatum, and all of them only say :
"Quatum will make computers next century with many circuits quantum computing is the future", then they teach gates, computings do with 0 and 1 in kets. and they also list a lot of algorithms but none them are source codes except do computings with 1 and 0 in kets.

None of them teach them to code in my computer. :=(

Can you please help me ?

Thank you

Maybe you need to first of all understand what quantum computing actually means and at what stage of development it is at currently! It has nothing to do with coding at this stage.

Zz.

Thank you, i'dlike make something like a java program hamilton gate.
please tell me how to make it, how to code or send me source code via pm, plese..

1. What is the difference between classical computing and quantum computing?

Classical computing uses binary bits (0s and 1s) to store and process information, while quantum computing uses quantum bits (qubits) that can exist in multiple states simultaneously. This allows quantum computers to perform certain calculations much faster than classical computers.

2. What are the potential applications of quantum computing?

Quantum computing has the potential to greatly improve the speed and accuracy of tasks such as cryptography, drug development, and data analysis. It may also be used for simulations of complex systems and machine learning algorithms.

3. How does quantum entanglement play a role in quantum computing?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon where two or more particles become connected in a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them. In quantum computing, this allows for the manipulation of multiple qubits at once, increasing the computational power of the system.

4. What are the challenges facing the development of quantum computing?

One of the main challenges in developing quantum computing is controlling and minimizing errors caused by the fragile nature of qubits. Another challenge is scaling up quantum systems to a large number of qubits, as well as finding ways to program and troubleshoot these complex systems.

5. Will quantum computing replace classical computing?

While quantum computing has the potential to greatly enhance certain types of calculations, it is unlikely to completely replace classical computing. Classical computers are still better suited for many everyday tasks and are more cost-effective. It is more likely that quantum and classical computing will coexist and complement each other in the future.