Funniest Member of the Year Award - Nominate Now!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary: I'll make sure the judges know about it) :tongue:In summary, the Annual PF Guru Awards are coming up in a couple of months and the members are looking for more funny posts. Some members have been mentioned for their recent funny posts, but there has been a shortage overall. Some members have also noticed the smilies moving with each reply. The conversation also includes apologies for not being as active on the forum and nominations for the funniest member, including larkspur's cat, who has been determined to retrieve the contents of its litter tray. One member also mentions their happiest moment on the forum.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Yep, it's getting close to that time of year again. The Annual PF Guru Awards will be coming up in a couple of months.

We need to start seeing some funny posts. :grumpy:

I've seen some really funny posts by zooby, yonoz and Math is Hard in the stupid quetion thread recently. Aside from that, it's been pretty slim pickings. Brewnog was funny just a moment ago. :devil:

Is it just me, or has GD gotten too serious lately? :eek: Maybe we need another storytelling thread.

WHO KEEPS MOVING THE SMILIES? :grumpy:

They moved again, since my last post! You all see them moving, RIGHT?

Physics news on Phys.org
School just started. It's a grumpy time for us all.

Sorry, all. I realize that I haven't been living up to my responsibilities. My life is quite complicated right now, which has some bearing on it. I used to be on PF most of the night, which was when funny stuff came up. W, however, gets quite irritated if I stay up past about 11.
In addition, with no offense intended toward anyone posting, most of the threads in GD just don't interest me any more. It's hard to make comments, particularly humourous ones, in a thread that's a chore to read. I just find the Engineering section a lot more satisfying now, so I spend my limited PF time there.
Again, my apologies. I'll be turning over my badge this season. :redface:

Apparently everyone has me on ignore!

I write comics for the school paper and those are funny. :smile: I hope that counts.

Did JasonRox just type something? :uhh:

Artman said:
Did JasonRox just type something? :uhh:

Who?
:confused:

So I says to the girl with the wooden leg "Peg, how're you standin' it?". And she says "I can't kick.".

Pa-da-dump.

turbo-1 said:
So I says to the girl with the wooden leg "Peg, how're you standin' it?". And she says "I can't kick.".

Pa-da-dump.
:uhh: the award goes to turbo-1

So I says to the girl with the wooden leg named Peg, "So what's your other leg named?" :biggrin: :yuck:

Artman said:
So I says to the girl with the wooden leg named Peg, "So what's your other leg named?" :biggrin: :yuck:
:rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

Which moment was that? Tell me and I'll do it again. It'll become more funny with every repetition of whatever I said, honest.

I'd join in on this contest, but it's just that I'm not really a competitive person. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I second Cyrus!

(you guys ARE noticing that the smilies keep moving? RIIIGHT?):bugeye:
I am noticing it, too. I have an idea... hang on...

(you guys ARE noticing that the smilies keep moving? RIIIGHT?)
Either they are 'trading spaces' or 'dancing'. :biggrin:

Seems with each reply, they have a different position. Notice there is room for 4 more smilies.

This is the pattern I remember most often.

:rolleyes: :rofl: :approve: :yuck: :cry:
:cool: :confused: :zzz: :redface: :smile:
:frown: :bugeye: :eek: :uhh: :shy:
:grumpy: :!) :mad: :wink: o:)
:tongue2: :devil: :biggrin: :blushing:
:tongue:

Astronuc said:
Either they are 'trading spaces' or 'dancing'. :biggrin:

Seems with each reply, they have a different position. Notice there is room for 4 more smilies.
They move with EVERY REPLY! :bugeye:

Evo said:

:tongue: :rolleyes: :rofl: :approve: :yuck:
:cry: :cool: :confused: :zzz: :redface:
:smile: :frown: :bugeye: :eek: :uhh:
:shy:

AHAAAA!

Evo said:

:shy: :grumpy: :!) :mad: :wink:
o:) :tongue2: :devil: :biggrin:
:blushing: :tongue: :rolleyes: :rofl: :approve:
:yuck: :cry: :cool: :confused: :zzz:
:redface: :smile: :frown: :bugeye: :eek:
:uhh:

Yep - Like I told you - Trading Spaces!

Maybe it's a sick, twisted version of musical chairs?

captured during a reply
http://www.geocities.com/thesquarerootoftwo/smilies.gif

captured during new post
http://www.geocities.com/thesquarerootoftwo/smilies2.gif

chroot's doing it to drive me insane :cry:

Cyrus, Zooby and Pengwuino are routinely hilarious...where has Pengwuino been lately?:confused:

larkspur said:
Cyrus, Zooby and Pengwuino are routinely hilarious...where has Pengwuino been lately?:confused:
I also nominate larkspur's cat (see cat fighting catbox), I don't remember seeing a rule that the winner had to be human) :biggrin:

Evo said:
I also nominate larkspur's cat (see cat fighting catbox), I don't remember seeing a rule that the winner had to be human) :biggrin:
Yes, I don't remember ever seeing a cat as determined to retrieve the contents of its litter tray. Usually they want little else to do with it.

larkspur said:
Thanks, larkspur. I have noticed your appreciation smilies and enjoyed the fact I gave you a chuckle.

Chi Meson said:
Regarding funny and smilies, can I plug my happiest moment?

see post#9
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=56021
Ok, you're in, but we'll need to see continued funny posts if you're going to make it into the finals.

(or you can just send lots of dark Belgian chocolate to Evo)

Kurdt said:
Yes, I don't remember ever seeing a cat as determined to retrieve the contents of its litter tray. Usually they want little else to do with it.
The kitty is still doing that every time the litterbox starts to self clean...:uhh:

cyrusabdollahi said:
..whoa whoa whoa... I'm the guy that everyone hates and argues with, not the class clown.
Anyone who hangs around GD as much as you do is bound to get a little funny. :biggrin:

Evo, haven't you memorized the codes for all the smilies yet?! :rofl: It must get boring sitting around in one spot all day, every day, just waiting for people to poke you in the nose with their pointers. :uhh:

stop this tomfoolery, the internet is serious business

Pythagorean said:
stop this tomfoolery, the internet is serious business
Yeah let's spank the next person to act up. :grumpy:

By the way, if it looks like I am trolling for a nomination, I'm not. Haven't been around way too long (have been around way too little?). I'm just here to honk people off. :biggrin:

Ut oh. I think I was the next person to act up. Pythagorean is going to be trying to spank me.

Back